Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shannon87 wrote:

20240921_163948.jpgI have tried everything but I am just stuck on this constantly

Try repairing your remote 

On your Sky remote:

1. Press and hold 7 and 9 together for 3 seconds.
  2. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for 3 seconds.
- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Kaz9682 This message was authored by: Kaz9682

He talked me through it over the phone. Disconnected the ethernet and power cable from the puck..pressing the puck and then reconnecting...coloured lights..then just black screen with no signal.we tried it a few times a few different ways including pressing 1+3 on remote..absolutely nothing worked!he was at an absolute loss 🤷‍♀️

This message was authored by Sandro74 This message was authored by: Sandro74

Hi, having problem with sky glass tv and linking account, can’t find where I need to put in code

Hi, having problem linking account on sky glass tv, says I need to enter code but can't find where to enter it

This message was authored by BecP1 This message was authored by: BecP1

Sky stream issues

Well this is an interesting one as I only switched to sky 10 days ago and haven't been able to watch any form of television for the last two nights and have spent four hours this afternoon on the phone and the only person I've managed to get through to is if you press the buttons to buy a sky Mobile- Funny they answered that very very quickly. Having all the same problems as everybody else- doesn't accept my pin- plug-in details to change the pin then it still doesn't accept the pin - absolutely no way forward from this. I was enjoying it but now I think I might have to cancel the whole , TV and broadband package and go elsewhere 

This message was authored by Kaz9682 This message was authored by: Kaz9682

Doesn't work for me 

This message was authored by Cdrw111 This message was authored by: Cdrw111

Tried two android phones, a Windows laptop and and a ipad. Nothing worked. Cleared the cache ever time. Let's face it, https://sky.com/activate is down. Sky needs to fix it. Thanks

This message was authored by David+s+n This message was authored by: David+s+n

• Hi i gave the sky stream problem since Thursday 5pm skys helplines absolutely no help have followed the instructions on rebooting TO THE LETTER, holding power button for multi coloured lights etc. Puck goes through the reboot sequence handset wirking controlling sound etc then at stage of going online to sky.com/activate and entering code number on website that is where it freezes. . Any other suggestions.  Dave
This message was authored by Paul.Oz This message was authored by: Paul.Oz

Re: Still. No sky stream since Thursday evening

There doesn't appear to be an automatic fix available. Sky are advising to perform a full reset - you will have to reactivate your puck afterwards and sign in to any apps you use. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on 

This message was authored by Lee242 This message was authored by: Lee242

Re: Skyglass tv 55inch

My tv went off yesterday morning still no power nothing tried everything they said on phone and still nothing 

This message was authored by Jordon3 This message was authored by: Jordon3

Network setup

After rebooting the sky glass it's not connecting to my internet, it's the right passwords for it ect but still not connecting how long is this gunna take 

This message was authored by Zinc+alloy This message was authored by: Zinc+alloy

Re: Still. No sky stream since Thursday evening

This worked for me switch puck off at the mains put your finger on the switch under the puck 

Turn puck back on wait till puck flashes red make take several seconds 

Then you will after set up puck like you did when you first had it 

When you get to pin set up I had to turn puck off then back on before puck reconised 

My pin goog luck 

This message was authored by Patsie This message was authored by: Patsie

When folks g thru the steps to where it asks you to hold down the two buttons on your remote, hold your remote very close to the puck and you will find this works to progress through to the next step.

Hope this helps some folks!

p.s. a normal remote operates via Bluetooth but when setting the puck up it doesn't, hence you have to put it right next to the puck.

This message was authored by Maurice1000 This message was authored by: Maurice1000

Sky stream why is it still not working and that fixed they tell you do doesn’t work

Sky stream not working and no info from sky except a fix that doesn't work 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Skyglass tv 55inch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lee242 wrote:

My tv went off yesterday morning still no power nothing tried everything they said on phone and still nothing 

@Lee242 Have you followed the procedure linked in the answer to this thread (see post 2).  It had me back up and running in just a few minutes.

During the procedure when you have to enter your activation code make sure you are signed into your My Sky account at www.sky.com before you enter the code.

Also if asked to enter a PIN ignore it and switch the puck off at the plug and then switch it on again after about 30 seconds.  The puck will then reboot and you can complete the process.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by David+s+n This message was authored by: David+s+n

Thanks for the reply i willtry that but the remote is already in Bluetooth mode as it changes the volume. From a distance. Dave

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion