Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JasonWilliamson wrote:

I reset my stream puck

takes me to blue to pair the remote press 3 and 6 and nothing happens

been down now for 3 days absolute joke 

It's 1+3 to pair, not 3+6

This message was authored by Piker20 This message was authored by: Piker20

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

When I use autobot help in chat it says I don't have a subscription even though I'm logged on and have a contract till 2025 unfortunately 

This message was authored by Matt19891 This message was authored by: Matt19891

Re: Puk no signal

My sky glass goes to WiFi u put it in then nothing happens sorry we carnt connect to your WiFi 

This message was authored by StevieG4662 This message was authored by: StevieG4662

Re: Sky Stream outage

@Graham2145 have you tried the reboot listed by @Jackqui  - it worked a treat for me - reproduced below. Good luck.IMG_7137.png

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: How do I speak to a human sky technical assistant to find out whats happening with sky glass,

@Cee_Me wrote:

When you call sky customer service you just sit in a queue for hours, really bad customer service I've tried it for two days now and no luck

Have you tried the resolution provide on here;

This is the resolution that has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by TD79 This message was authored by: TD79

@lettice 

Thanks 

I have tried mobile Internet. 

Different browsers. 

Different links.

Sky app.

Only ever had 1 account since moving here 10+ years ago.

Currently 1 hour into my 3rd consecutive day on phone queue before I have had to give up.

This message was authored by glh43 This message was authored by: glh43

Re: Sky puck light just flashing

Just to confirm the fix works on my Sky Stream and have just managed to watch the F1 on sky.  However a few comments.

a) I can't have a satelite disk so was one of the first cutomer for Sky Stream.  Though it is OK it is generally not as good as the normal recording of programmes, often the programmes are delayed getting online, sometimes they miss start or end, sometimes can be difficult to find even when in playlist.  It is better than nothing but I would not call it an excelent service.

b) coming from an IT background I cant't understand how Sky can let such a widespread and signficant problem get out in the  wild.  Surly the should have found this out from in house testing and even if not then just relase it to a few 'beta test' users before letting go to the wider user base. Their IT managers and test process staff need sacking or a very major re-education. 

I hope we all get some compensation and it should be more than a day of extra service.

This message was authored by Coops2207 This message was authored by: Coops2207

I spoke to someone on the phone almost instantly when I used keyword cancel.

They did have to transfer me to someone in the resolutions department, and it took around 45 minutes, but it was worth doing. 

This message was authored by franceslouisexo This message was authored by: franceslouisexo

Sky puck constantly rebooting itself

So I've got two sky pucks in my house, One upstairs and one in the lounge. The one in the lounge is fine. I have no issues with and it works but the one in the bedroom upstairs seems to load up say sky on the screen and then just keeps turning itself back off and on again and keeps trying to reboot. I followed all the steps that sky have advised through the fix my problem, and this doesn't seem to work. I have spent three hours on hold trying to get through to somebody to help me and I can't seem to get through does anybody have any idea of what the issue may be or how I can fix this

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky puck light just flashing

@glh43 wrote:

Just to confirm the fix works on my Sky Stream and have just managed to watch the F1 on sky.  However a few comments.

a) I can't have a satelite disk so was one of the first cutomer for Sky Stream.  Though it is OK it is generally not as good as the normal recording of programmes, often the programmes are delayed getting online, sometimes they miss start or end, sometimes can be difficult to find even when in playlist.  It is better than nothing but I would not call it an excelent service.

b) coming from an IT background I cant't understand how Sky can let such a widespread and signficant problem get out in the  wild.  Surly the should have found this out from in house testing and even if not then just relase it to a few 'beta test' users before letting go to the wider user base. Their IT managers and test process staff need sacking or a very major re-education. 

I hope we all get some compensation and it should be more than a day of extra service.

There been no official word on the cause of the issue. It would seem unlikely it's a software update as they happen overnight while this issue began around 5pm on Friday. 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@TD79 wrote:

@lettice 

Thanks 

I have tried mobile Internet. 

Different browsers. 

Different links.

Sky app.

Only ever had 1 account since moving here 10+ years ago.

Currently 1 hour into my 3rd consecutive day on phone queue before I have had to give up.

Afraid you will have to just persist with calling Sky and see if they can resolve your Sky id account activation issue.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by BillC21 This message was authored by: BillC21

Well after finally getting this resolved @ 7.30pm yesterday, there I was watching the cricket & I suddenly get a blank blue screen.  Screen then tells me cannot get internet connection - even though my phone, laptop & tablet were all okay on my internet.  So reset router as it informed me & the puck stopped yet again!!  Back to square one when I wasted 8 hours yesterday.

Had to start all over again, so another 40 mins wasted (only good thing is I missed another England collapse!) .  Did consider paying for the Boxing tonight but NO WAY now - bet it would go off when the bell goes for round 1.

The utter silence from Sky is deafening & they want me to pay £87 pm for a service that only works intermittantly!  Dream on - puck is going back next week & DDM getting cancelled.....

This message was authored by downandout This message was authored by: downandout

i get far as enter code but it dos'nt let or show me where to enter the code

Re: Sky puck constantly rebooting itself

@franceslouisexo wrote:

So I've got two sky pucks in my house, One upstairs and one in the lounge. The one in the lounge is fine. I have no issues with and it works but the one in the bedroom upstairs seems to load up say sky on the screen and then just keeps turning itself back off and on again and keeps trying to reboot. I followed all the steps that sky have advised through the fix my problem, and this doesn't seem to work. I have spent three hours on hold trying to get through to somebody to help me and I can't seem to get through does anybody have any idea of what the issue may be or how I can fix this

keep trying on your failing Sky puck. We have seen for some customers it has taken at least three or so tries.

Make sure you keep the button pressed down as it describes until you see many of the coloured changes, as long as possible. That is a key step.

I found turning the puck upside down when doing that step helps.

Remember  to turn it the right way when you are 'hopefully' back up and running

Here below, even though it looks like you have tried already  is the resolution that has worked for many Sky  Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by Logiem This message was authored by: Logiem

We are finally up and running!! 
we have disconnected anything else to the tv- (switch.)

we have down the reset start up.- swich off. Switch back on again etc.

we have then had to go and  buy a longer Ethernet cable and connect the broadband directly to the tv. 
this worked and then completed the software update, once that was complete we removed the Ethernet cable and set up wifi. 

hope this helps 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion