Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by TD79 This message was authored by: TD79

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

When you say PIN do you mean activation code?

This message was authored by Ric74 This message was authored by: Ric74

@TD79 

I have followed the procedure exactly as stated, word for word.

I get to the link your account, go to sky...activate,

Code accepted but glass still stuck on the same page.

Any ideas?

You lucky thing, at least you've got to beyond the magical, mystical world of the Link your Account page, a land where I've never ventured because the activate url is guarded by what must be imperial stormtroopers despite its many guises as www.sky.com/activate, www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate, www.sky.com/whatsthebloodypointanymoreitwontwork/activate, they keep guard and deny access with their big weapons and sneery faces laughing as you try for the fourtieth time the same process over and over and over and over..........

This message was authored by TDevs This message was authored by: TDevs

Re: Sky puck light just flashing

Having exactly the same issue. Absolutely fine yesterday, turned it on today and have been unable to solve the problem even after following all of the rest guidance.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kharis wrote:

Have followed your instructions several times and it still does not work.  Tried phonecalling for assistance but after 35mins got dumped off. Is this problem EVER going to be SOLVED. Gutted I ever bothered with Sky Glass.

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

It has worked for many Sk6 Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Coops2207 This message was authored by: Coops2207

For those struggling to link their account using web or mobile browser -

Open the app (download from Play Store or wherever if needed)

Go to Product Settings

Go to Device Management

Go to Activate new device

Enter verification code

Follow on-screen instructions

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@TD79 wrote:

When you say PIN do you mean activation code?

@TD79  No you need to enter the activation code when it is requested but make sure you are logged into your MySky account at www.sky.com or you will get an error message.

When you are asked to enter a PIN just ignore it and unplug the glass/stream and plug it back in again and continur the process after it reboots.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Lucky you mine has been off since Thursday 🤣(delirious laughing)

This message was authored by Jet1973 This message was authored by: Jet1973

Your product is **bleep**

Your sky glass product is cheapply made. Technically inferior and customer service non existent. Same issue as many on here with alow pulsating light 

This message was authored by kharis This message was authored by: kharis

Yet another post from Sky saying follow the prescribed procedure and my TV will re-set and turn on.

I followed step by step and guess what - NOTHING HAPPENED !!!. My tv set still wont respond.

So now what Mr Engineer ???  Just wait until how ever long it takes. Think I will ditch Sky

@Coops2207

Thanks but sky glass still stuck on link your account page

@Prossi14 wrote:

The puck is flashing white, sky wording comes on screen for a few seconds then goes black and the puck goes to solid white. Have done the reset and nothing will get it to go further than white sky letters on black background. 

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

Pin problems:

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Dee2024 This message was authored by: Dee2024

I am having the same issue 

@TDevs wrote:

Having exactly the same issue. Absolutely fine yesterday, turned it on today and have been unable to solve the problem even after following all of the rest guidance.

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Activation problems: 

Pin problems:

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser

@Dee2024 wrote:

I am having the same issue 

not sure what you have tried so far.

It has worked for many Sk6 Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Activation problems: 

Pin problems:

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: My glass tv has frozen

@Peter261 wrote:

My glass tv has frozen after a reboot have had nothing for 2 days can anyone help 

I've moved your post here as it's not related to Sky Yahoo Mail where you originally posted. To get your Glass up and running again, follow the recovery procedure in the post marked as the Answer: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion