Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by nigelw This message was authored by: nigelw

My sky puck has been down for two days

Puck is offline... service outage... it's been nearly 48hours now. Sky support don't answer. This is a shockingly bad service, serious about cancelling my contract 

This message was authored by Maggie1954 This message was authored by: Maggie1954

Can't activate account with on screen code as website is down. Any suggestions

Rebooted sky puck but need ymto activate with a code. Website says apps something is wrong. So can't use tv
This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

Re: My sky puck has been down for two days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nigelw  there is a thread reguarding this issue which has posted a recovery procedure for you to follow 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by Dawy1 This message was authored by: Dawy1

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

this has been like this since friday morning 

my mum is 92 years old and can't get out so this is what she likes doing 

try the steps advice and nothing is working 

when trying to get in touch with someone the phone line go like phone been put down on you so can't even get through to talk to anyone 

this is disappointing been with sky a lone time not happy 

This message was authored by Matt19891 This message was authored by: Matt19891

My sky glass won't connect to the Internet keep trying what they said but nothing hope thay get this sorted ASAP.

This message was authored by Peter218 This message was authored by: Peter218

Sky Stream Puck

Hi, I have an issue with my Sky Stream Puck. I cannot watch any TV or switch the device on. I followed the process of resetting the device several times, but still cannot switch on the device. All it's doing right now is flashing red & amber. Any advice on what I should do to fixed this problem. 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky Glass account log in

@Laura249 wrote:

Having issues with the link your account stage on sky glass. When we enter the code on the sky.com/activate

Site it says oops there is a problem. 

This has worked for many.

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before using the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Matt02021 This message was authored by: Matt02021

Day 3 of my sky puck not working. Tried the whole procedure. Turned off at mains. Press button. Turn power back on. Hold button for 20-30 seconds. Yet still no yellow or red light. Just flicking White light and sky logo, then back off again. I have made a complaint, which I got a reply. I ask for the reason why this issue has happened? That was not addressed at all, just the sorry for inconvenience, we are working on it. All i got was a £5.00 credit. 

This message was authored by Superzob This message was authored by: Superzob

This is the procedure which Sky has published. Worked for us so, hopefully, this might also work for you:

Try the recovery process

1. Switch off your TV at the mains. There's no need to unplug it.
  2. Press and hold the Standby button on the right-hand side of the TV.

3. Keeping your finger on the button, switch the power back on at the mains and wait until you see the LED lights flash (this could take 20 seconds before the LED starts flashing), then remove your finger.

4. Let the Sky Glass TV complete the recovery process. This can take up to 15 minutes, depending on your broadband speed.

5. Switch the TV back on and follow the steps on screen to set up your TV. For more help, see the Setting up Sky Glass article.

This message was authored by ald123456 This message was authored by: ald123456

Our two puks have stopped working, what's going on Sky?

Main TV seems to be ok.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Puk no signal

@Operator2024 wrote:

One of our puk's has had no signal since Thursday.  We thought totally unrelated to the Sky glass issues and a coincidence.  As the main Sky glass is working as is the other puk.  Sky have no idea either and the recovery process is not working.  Anyone any ideas please.  Many thanks.

Keep trying the recovery process.

Follow the procedure exactly as described for Sky Stream in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

Re: Sky Stream Puck

Peter218  It's related to the sky glass outage. My puck upstairs cant connect. to the Internet. I've managed to reboot it, but it's not picking up my router. The whole thing's a fiasco.! 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Matt02021 wrote:

Day 3 of my sky puck not working. Tried the whole procedure. Turned off at mains. Press button. Turn power back on. Hold button for 20-30 seconds. Yet still no yellow or red light. Just flicking White light and sky logo, then back off again. I have made a complaint, which I got a reply. I ask for the reason why this issue has happened? That was not addressed at all, just the sorry for inconvenience, we are working on it. All i got was a £5.00 credit. 

Have you tried to hold for longer until the flashing lights turn colourful 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Debbie95 This message was authored by: Debbie95

Everyone is talking about sky glass. What about sky stream puk. I've tried the link on page 2 and still not working. I'm not expert and for sky to expect us to sort this ourselves is out of order

This message was authored by Debbie95 This message was authored by: Debbie95

Puk has white. Nothing else on mine. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion