Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by R1char8 This message was authored by: R1char8

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

The solution repeatedly suggested does not work if the Sky Glass box does not power on at all.

This message was authored by Helpme13 This message was authored by: Helpme13

Re: Linking to sky account

No I tried the reset the said to do and now have a link your account code on my screen which I've nowhere to use it ?

This message was authored by BobW2 This message was authored by: BobW2

Thank you @Jporch316  for the advice to  pull the power lead out  at the PIN screen which  the set up was stuck on and reconnect -  finally worked and  got the  puck working (for the momement at least).  Why did Sky not include  this step / option this in their their advice???.  

To be clear for anyone else struggling to re set the Puck, after  disconnecting the power and repowering with the  "reset" button - that to me  looks  like a power  button! - pressed untill coloured lights start flashing & waiting 15 min  youneed to  turn the puck  on again by pressing  the reset / power button on the  puck,  not try to turn it on with the remote.   Again not clearly articulated in the Sky advice.

Good luck everyone

This message was authored by shell9 This message was authored by: shell9

Mines been off now for 3 days just keeps flashing that’s it joke Re: Sky puck

Mine been flashing  white for 3 days now  I've unplugged it all night but still nothing 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BobW2 wrote:

Thank you @Jporch316  for the advice to  pull the power lead out  at the PIN screen which  the set up was stuck on and reconnect -  finally worked and  got the  puck working (for the momement at least).  Why did Sky not include  this step / option this in their their advice???.  

To be clear for anyone else struggling to re set the Puck, after  disconnecting the power and repowering with the  "reset" button - that to me  looks  like a power  button! - pressed untill coloured lights start flashing & waiting 15 min  youneed to  turn the puck  on again by pressing  the reset / power button on the  puck,  not try to turn it on with the remote.   Again not clearly articulated in the Sky advice.

Good luck everyone

@BobW2 Although it could be more prominent it does say this on the Answer post (post 2 of the thread).

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Pesser This message was authored by: Pesser

Re: Sky puck

Try a hard reset.

Switch off from the mains hold power button under the puck untill light changes color follow on screen instructions 

==================================

LG 65' E9 OLED
1 GIG COMMUNITY FIBRE
This message was authored by Pesser This message was authored by: Pesser

Re: Sky tv problems

Try a hard reset.

Switch off from the mains hold power button under the puck untill light changes color follow on screen instructions 

==================================

LG 65' E9 OLED
1 GIG COMMUNITY FIBRE
This message was authored by horace This message was authored by: horace

I just want to say a huge thank you to the forum superusers for all the support they have provided since this issue appeared.

For those who didn't already know, all of the superusers are Sky customers, not Sky employees. They've put in a heck of a shift, and helped a lot of us (myself included) get back up and running. 

Thank you! 

This message was authored by StevieG4662 This message was authored by: StevieG4662

@Jackqui yeah I tried that and worked a treat - THANK YOU

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Re: Linking to sky account

Same here annoying I'm.loosing money over this fault if it's not fixed yet 

This message was authored by Bumpa73 This message was authored by: Bumpa73

Re: Sky puck flashes white then turns off.

I've done the reset prodedure in Post 2 about 4 times but keep getting stuck ona "Remote control setup" step.  I hold the 4 and 6 buttons but nothing happens and I cannot click the "Continue" so jsyt get stuck at this step.  Any thoughts anyone???

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@horace wrote:

I just want to say a huge thank you to the forum superusers for all the support they have provided since this issue appeared.

For those who didn't already know, all of the superusers are Sky customers, not Sky employees. They've put in a heck of a shift, and helped a lot of us (myself included) get back up and running. 

Thank you! 

Thank you too for your kind comments. 😀

You are spot on.

Most of us Superusers who have been posting in this thread and similar issue ones, yes all Sky customers, also had the issue from Thursday evening onwards on our Sky Pucks and Sky Glass TVs.

😀

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by K92 This message was authored by: K92

Re: Sky streaming issues

After reading recent posts on here, just tried it again and no problem - acceped the new PIN, up and running with no re-set!

This message was authored by Nix37 This message was authored by: Nix37

@lettice Ive tried many different broswers, cleared cache etc and still cannot activate.  I tried with a different account that didnt have sky stream and cant get to activate screen on that but obviously cannot use that account.  Its utterly infuriating at this point!

This message was authored by Cee_Me This message was authored by: Cee_Me

Re: Sky stream still not working.

I'm having the same issue, mine says press 7 and 9 but nothing happens! My remote is also working, anyhow I can't change battery in my remote as the back is really hard to come off if it even comes off... but it is working but just not being recognised by the TV.  Trying to get hold of Sky customer service is impossible, you sit on the line for over an hour I've tried two days in a row and you just sit listening to music for hours, but when they want something they get hold of you quickly enough, it's ridiculous and really unfair. Not good service at all.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion