Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Puck Set Up pin number issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RB29  What you are experiencing is a huge issue at the moment and is subject of THIS thread.  Read the "Answer" posted by a Sky employee and follow the link he provides.  The answer should be on the page I have linked.

Also note his comment about NOT entering a PIN.  If you are asked to provide one ignore it and switch the puck off at the plug and then switch it on again after about 30 seconds.  The puck will then reboot.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by R1char8 This message was authored by: R1char8

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I was told by Sky today that they do not support Glass out of warranty and therefore no engineer would be coming. 

This message was authored by DjIce1983 This message was authored by: DjIce1983

I give up now with this reboot. Trying and trying with nothing no download just keeps looping the update software screen I'm exhausted with doing the same thing. I'm going to try and track down the credit provider and contact them directly as the CC A 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@R1char8 wrote:

I was told by Sky today that they do not support Glass out of warranty and therefore no engineer would be coming. 

That does tend to support my previous point that you were badly advised: there is no 'engineer' support for Glass regardless of the warranty status.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Lee+Bromley This message was authored by: Lee+Bromley

Re: Sky Glass Power Up Fobbed Off

As I mentioned somewhere above, I suspect current consumer rights legislation simply has no reference to any such concept because it wasn't in existence when the laws were drafted.

The relevant acts allow such a civil cases. Sky have basically admitted the issues that these TVs are useless without some intervention.

If goods fall below an acceptable standard which any reasonable person should expect from such a device in the sense that it's faulty. A claim can brought under the Consumer Rights Act.

I suggest anyone who is being asked by Sky to pay for new or refurbished devices the make contact with Citizens Advice their consumer law teams.

The software is an integrated part of the TV, without software it can't run. Sky through their broken development teams have bricked these devices, and it is wrong for Sky to be asking folk to pay for new TV's, I've seen Sky asking for as much as £475 for replacement.

This message was authored by skyglassuser1 This message was authored by: skyglassuser1

@106Charlie 

We have the same broadband connection issue as you. I've seen that a few others do too

Adside from the point slightly, but I cannot believe how unnecessarily user-unfriendly the process of entering the WiFi password is

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@DjIce1983 wrote:

I'm going to try and track down the credit provider and contact them directly as the CC A 

If you used the Glass purchase loan then I believe the lender is Sky...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Willox1 This message was authored by: Willox1

My Sky Puck whole home is not working. Flashing white light and not connecting to Sky

My whole sky home pick is not connecting. Not ideal for a Friday night in! It's just flashing white, tried restarting, pulling cables out. Just jot switching to sky... 

This message was authored by Elis07 This message was authored by: Elis07

Sky glass tv stuck on black screen with red light

Hello Sky Community, I have been trying to turn on my Sky Glass Tv on since yesterday but it has been on the black screen and the red light is blinking. I have tried doing all the steps on the Sky Help website but nothing seems to work . Please i'd appriciate a response to help my issue. Thanks

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky stream not working

@Rhys30 wrote:

Sky stream isn't working , been intermittent the last couple of days now it's stopped completely, I've tried the recovery process but when it asks to press 7 & 9 together for 2 seconds to set up the remote it does nothing and the mute symbol just flashes on and off ? 

Hi @Rhys30  pressing 7 & 9 together for 3 seconds clears everything from the remote so after doing that it definately won't work.

What you are experiencing is a wide issue effecting many subscribers at the moment and is subject of THIS thread.  Read the "Answer" posted by a Sky employee and follow the link he provides.  The answer should be on the page I have linked.

Follow the instructions exactly but before you start press and hold 4 & 6 on your remote for 3 seconds.  Also make sure you are signed into your My Sky account at www.sky.com before you enter the activation code.

Also if asked to enter a PIN ignore it and switch the puck off at the plug and then switch it on again after about 30 seconds.  The puck will then reboot. 

This worked on my puck this morning and it has been working properly since then.

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Kristo32 This message was authored by: Kristo32

Can anyone advise on this issue.....Im the same as everyone else. Wont turn on etc. I went to the relevant sky.com page and followed the restart instructions. All seemed good, paired the remote etc... its now asking me to link my account by going to sky.com/activate but when i do that i get 'oops there has been an error' 

If they are suggesting this as a fix and Im having this issue then is it me?? is everyone finding this?

Thank you

This message was authored by Lee+Bromley This message was authored by: Lee+Bromley

The lender is Sky.

Complain to Sky.

If they won't budge then go either though money claim online or Skys independent mediation service.

Other than that, those who have loans may be able to complain the the Financial Ombudsman Service.

This message was authored by Marko63 This message was authored by: Marko63

Having followed instructions on this discussion, I had actually started to get somewhere until having to enter the PIN. Having entered numbers as advised without success, and supposedly changing the PIN, I am getting nowhere yet again. INCORRECT PIN now displayed, and nothing tried will rectify. I give up, really have had enough. 

This message was authored by Mags17 This message was authored by: Mags17

Re: Changed PIN but keeps saying Incorrect PIN- ATTEMPT 0 OF 3

This is exactly what I have experienced, so frustrating! 

This message was authored by Kristo32 This message was authored by: Kristo32

I think the consumer rights act 2015 would argue that regardless of warranty times etc goods must last for a 'reasonble time', be fit for purpose and be of a decent quality. Have a google. Im no legal expert but the laundry list of issues that haunts sky glass and this legal act will stand anyone in good stead for a winning argument 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion