Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Missy+Muldoon This message was authored by: Missy+Muldoon

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Carried out all steps as suggested by SKY and users on this thread and guess what? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS AND THE ISSUE IS DEFINITELY NOT RESOLVED! 😩

This message was authored by PDBird1607 This message was authored by: PDBird1607

Try pressing 1 and 3 together this reset my Sky glass remote but the puck is still not working 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Stream Puck stuck on PIN reset

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PDBird1607 wrote:

I am unable to even get a screen that would even allow me to reset the puck. Any ideas?

@PDBird1607 It sounds as though you might not be following the recovery instructions properly as you start off with the puck switched off at the socket.  At the appropriate time I used my TV to select the HDMI for the puck where I found further instruction on my screen which I followed.  The whole process too about 5 or 6 minutes to complete.

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Sky tv and pick not working

sky puck and tv not working? Any recent updates from anyone please 

This message was authored by Nosaj This message was authored by: Nosaj

Can't link account to sky glass

After resetting my sky glass I can't link it to my account, the activate page simply says 'oops something went wrong'. Helpful. Anyone else got this problem
This message was authored by TOMTOM181 This message was authored by: TOMTOM181

Hi Sky Engineers. your instructions are not good enough on the reset and I tried and tried. What you are missing is that we have to hold down the button on the side of the glass TV not just until the red light flashes but until the SKY message come on the screeen. Then it works. I tried so many times to follow what you said and only until I held that button down and waited for the SKY message came on did it work and that was 5 minutes.  Also it took 10 minutes for the download to start.  Again you need to tell people to wait.  It looks as though its not worked!   I was not waiting long enough. I suggest you update your instructions.  

This message was authored by PDBird1607 This message was authored by: PDBird1607

@AndyNH1  I can't even get a screen up, I get the Sky logo for a few seconds and then everything goes off 

This message was authored by Tgo This message was authored by: Tgo

Sky stream puck not switching on and having rest the puck, it now won’t accept a pin

Sky stream puck not switching on all of a sudden and and having reset the puck, it now won’t accept a pin through the setup process. Say incorrect pin event though I've reset the pin and the 'attempt' numbering stays on 0 of 3 no matter how many times I enter it.

This message was authored by ChM1991 This message was authored by: ChM1991

Re: Sky stream puck not switching on and having rest the puck, it now won’t accept a pin

I did manage to get through to an advisor on the phone as having the same problem, it's a known issue they are currently trying to fix and the fix they are showing will work when they have put out the update that will fix the issue, which is currently still being worked on. They are hoping at some point during the day tomorrow
This message was authored by Sp25 This message was authored by: Sp25

Re: Sky stream puck not switching on and having rest the puck, it now won’t accept a pin

Same for the last 30 hours and received no information from Sky how to fix it. Really bad service... 

This message was authored by LiamFletcher This message was authored by: LiamFletcher

This is ridiculous,  been trying to sort my sky glass tv out since yesterday with no success - the process doesn't work for me since the essential part is holding the standby button so I updates, however I do that and once past there it tries (and fails) to connect to the router so therefore the updates can't have happened. No chance of speaking to anyone at sky so I have no TV at all at home. Awful product and even worse customer service. 

This message was authored by SGibson1992 This message was authored by: SGibson1992

So I was patient last night. Saw there was an issue. What I don't appreciate is following the steps for the TV to be just as useless as before. But what really gets to me is calling the support number to hear a recorded message and then it just hangs up on you. Sky really need to sort this out.

@AndyNH1 I have done the same thing as you but for some reason I can't get the screen to hold a signal even when I am holding the standby button down. The white light flashes and the sky logo comes up, then the screen turns black, then blue and I get a "no signal" box floating across the screen

This message was authored by ChM1991 This message was authored by: ChM1991

Re: Sky tv and pick not working

I did manage to get through to an advisor on the phone as having the same problem, it's a known issue they are currently trying to fix and the fix they are showing on the website will work when they have put out the update that will fix the issue, which is currently still being worked on. They are hoping at some point during the day tomorrow
This message was authored by Missy+Muldoon This message was authored by: Missy+Muldoon

Can you explain better? (Tom Tom)... Your message gives hope... "Hi Sky Engineers. your instructions are not good enough on the reset and I tried and tried. What you are missing is that we have to hold down the button on the side of the glass TV not just until the red light flashes but until the SKY message come on the screeen. Then it works. I tried so many times to follow what you said and only until I held that button down and waited for the SKY message came on did it work and that was 5 minutes.  Also it took 10 minutes for the download to start.  Again you need to tell people to wait.  It looks as though its not worked!   I was not waiting long enough. I suggest you update your instructions." ... 

I've been holding down the button for almost ten minutes now - do I keep going or give up? Still no Sky message. I've done what they've advised but the download/reset doesn't work.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion