Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Re: Sky tv and pick not working

Hi

thats pretty much what I was told earlier today ...so

lets hope it get ls sorted tomorrow. 

This message was authored by Ben1980 This message was authored by: Ben1980

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

is this a bricked update that has now been pulled and affected the first users in the rollout. 

This message was authored by Jimmy7062 This message was authored by: Jimmy7062

Having worked in sky tech many moons ago it cam be frustrating if the fix does not work first time suggest have a break and then follow the instructions step by step slowly.  Sometimes we would have to reboot boxes 2 or 3 times to resolve issues.  Keep at it. 

This message was authored by Cammy02 This message was authored by: Cammy02

Just  held  button down  in extended period but gave up after 8 minutes, arthritis sucks.

On the plus side  managed, at 3rd attempt, to get both my pucks working.

This message was authored by Ric74 This message was authored by: Ric74

@mikealanr "However note this will require relinking to your Sky ID...."

THAT'S THE BIT I CAN'T DO!!!

www.sky.com/activate or any derivative of www.sky.com/activate DOES NOT WORK on any browser I've used. ("Oops blah blah blah...")

Sky Broadband/Wi-Fi works.  

This is definitely a Sky problem, not mine.  Why are we all trying to sort this out ourselves when everything crashed at the same time?

This message was authored by PESKYWAABBIT This message was authored by: PESKYWAABBIT

I have tried to rest my device as stated but I'm getting incorrect PIN on bootup. Mr community manager said restart the puck and should solve it but it just says incorrect pin again. I haven't changed it since I've been a customer.

How are they meaning restart it? Pull power out. Turn it on and off with the button it's belly? Either comes up with the same.

Help please.

This message was authored by NA21 This message was authored by: NA21

Third time lucky!

This message was authored by R1char8 This message was authored by: R1char8

Sky Glass Power Up Fobbed Off

So like everyone else my Sky Glass would not power on this morning. Everything else okay. Tried the fix many times, nothing. Rang Sky they said it's simply a coincidence your TV has failed and as it's out of warranty, tough. Surely this cannot be right?

This message was authored by Morris2 This message was authored by: Morris2

Re: Sky stream puck not switching on and having rest the puck, it now won’t accept a pin

I have the sane issue, sky puck reset and the chatbot does not have my account number as being active so wants me to make a payment?

This message was authored by Syed168 This message was authored by: Syed168

Sky glass not working for 1 day

Sky glass has not worked for the whole day. Yes there is a message on the website and I have gone through the help section, but still not working. All I am hearing is the technicians/engineers are working on it, does it take 1 whole day?

I started the tv as in the help section and was asked to link my account. But when I log in I get an error message'opps please call'

i calk the helpline and there is a standard message and the line ends.

stop this and resolve this, how will be compensated for not being able to access the services that I paid for? Why is it not possible to get someone to help with he problem?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky tv and pick not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ChM1991 wrote:
 the fix they are showing on the website will work when they have put out the update that will fix the issue, which is currently still being worked on. 

I'm afraid that's simply incorrect: the procedure as currently described worked for many, but not all, users from early this (Friday) morning

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Jimmy7062 This message was authored by: Jimmy7062

Re: Sky Glass Power Up Fobbed Off

That's not right it is a known problem the call centre should not have said that. Try the reboot again take it step by step.

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@Ric74 wrote:

@mikealanr "However note this will require relinking to your Sky ID...."

THAT'S THE BIT I CAN'T DO!!!

www.sky.com/activate or any derivative of www.sky.com/activate DOES NOT WORK on any browser I've used. ("Oops blah blah blah...")

Sky Broadband/Wi-Fi works.  

This is definitely a Sky problem, not mine.  Why are we all trying to sort this out ourselves when everything crashed at the same time?

Then do the activation here; http://sky.com/activate

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.528.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by scotty63 This message was authored by: scotty63

when will this be resolved

@hetherington

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Glass Power Up Fobbed Off

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@R1char8 wrote:

Rang Sky they said it's simply a coincidence your TV has failed and as it's out of warranty, tough. Surely this cannot be right?

Probably an overworked CS representative having a very bad day.  Personally I'd suggest trying again tomorrow.

The issue of an 'out of warranty' device being broken by an unavoidable software update pushed out by the manufacturer is one that I suspect doesn't currently have adequate consumer rights law attached to it.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion