Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@James+armer wrote:

My sky glass has updated but I'm still stuck on trying to link my account to sky.com/activate. The website hasn't been working now for a good 3 hours. Can't seem to get through to anyone on the phone either 😞

image.jpg

@James+armer Make sure you are signed into your My Sky account or the activation page will not work.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Heidi1174 This message was authored by: Heidi1174

Mine isn't a sky glass TV it's 2 sky stream puks

This message was authored by James+armer This message was authored by: James+armer

My sky glass has updated but I'm still stuck on trying to link my account to sky.com/activate. The website hasn't been working now for a good 3 hours. Can't seem to get through to anyone on the phone either 😞

This message was authored by HayleyCB This message was authored by: HayleyCB

Re: Sky glass

Also when requested to go to sky activate account or whatever drivle it says, make sure u are logged into your account other wise u will just see a big red error message 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Karen1212 wrote:

I've been waiting on the phone for ages too.

@Karen1212 

I can't see the benefit of calling Sky. The most up to date information is in post 2 of this thread. An agent won't have anything different to tell you. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by horace This message was authored by: horace

@Fothergill1 

Yes!

I've noticed a few of the more recent posts in this thread are by people who have previously tried the fix suggested by Sky only to have it fail, then returning to say they re now up and running haveing realised they hadn't quite got the process right the first time.

I think there is a strong case for Sky to update their advice with a little more detail in the instructions.

This message was authored by KMH7 This message was authored by: KMH7

My sky glass tv won't connect to the internet. Have done all the resets & can't get past Network setup. Have had the broadband checked & all is working ok.  Been round in circles on & off since last night. Very frustrating. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@James+armer wrote:

What's happening when you try to activate?

This message was authored by BobW2 This message was authored by: BobW2

Re: Hello my sky to obtained via a puck has not worked since yesterday evening . Am I alone with thi

I'm the same, puck not working,  but Sky WiFi is. All "help" from Sky i've seen is about Sky glass TV not a stand alone puck.  Tried their "Virtual Assistant" this morning, complete waste of 45min.

This message was authored by Lauren222 This message was authored by: Lauren222

@Chrisee I have sky glass , I have done the process too many times now even when I was on the phone to sky, I'm back on with sky now to find out the next steps as the tv isn't doing anything on a hard reset 

This message was authored by Karen1212 This message was authored by: Karen1212

Thank you

This message was authored by Steph02011 This message was authored by: Steph02011

I am assuming this is a national issue then, and not just affecting people locally?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Paul841 wrote:

Does Sky have a timeframe when this fault be rectified as have unable to turn my 43 inch tv for nearly 24 hours.

@Paul841 The published solution worked for me so it you haven't already done so follow the procedure at the this LINK

Select the appropriate button for Glass or Stream puck.  Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by paulp74 This message was authored by: paulp74

Thanks, this has fixed my Glass & Puck, I left the Ethernet cable in and it completed an update then went through setup.

This message was authored by Skelpy This message was authored by: Skelpy

IMG_4609.jpeg

IMG_4608.jpeg

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion