Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Heidi1174 This message was authored by: Heidi1174

Re: Hello my sky to obtained via a puck has not worked since yesterday evening . Am I alone with thi

It's ridiculous... Pay through the nose for em and can't even us em. I mean I have to go to work till 5am now but I'll see if they work when I get home. 

This message was authored by James+armer This message was authored by: James+armer

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I can't even get onto the site to activate it. I'm logged into sky type the website in and it comes up with a message saying ' oops there has been a problem' it's been like this for a good few hours now. I've tried multiple times on different devices and different web browsers. 

IMG_2044.png

This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

Sky Puck in bedroom

I am trying to connect it to my wifi but. pushing the button on the router doesn't work. And when I tried to enter my password my router is not on the list of available networks Is this a problem with my sky puck or my router? Other things are connected to my wifi ipad etc.

This message was authored by BobbyGooner This message was authored by: BobbyGooner

Thanks for the solution ! It worked on my Nans Puck. Took 5 mins if that. Verified the Pin with the account no issues. Didnt even have to call Sky... you saved me alot of time having to call them up :))

This message was authored by Cjooconnor This message was authored by: Cjooconnor

Same issue, I have reset and it's on blue screen with activation code but the sky.com/activate pages just keeps loading Oops theres a problem cannot load page ring sky rep for help
This message was authored by Kirsten741 This message was authored by: Kirsten741

@Cjooconnor 
type the https bit in this worked for me make sure your copying the whole link into your browser 

This message was authored by VeryMiffed This message was authored by: VeryMiffed

Good afternoon. I have just been poking about with this somewhat useless peace of junk. Fo far I have gotten through to the software update and have managed to reset my remote (Press 1&3) directed to go to Sky. com/activate with a code, but the "page" does not work!

This message was authored by James+armer This message was authored by: James+armer

That's the exact same problem I'm having 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Hello my sky to obtained via a puck has not worked since yesterday evening . Am I alone with thi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Heidi1174 did you try the solution as per post 2 of this thread.  You need to follow the link and then select Glass or Stream. If you follow the procedure exactly as described it should resolve the issue for you.

If it asks you to enter a PIN Sky advise that you just ignore it and switch the puck off at the wall socket.  Turn it back on again and allow the puck top reboot.

The whole thing took me about 5 -6 minutes and has worked perfectly since then.

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by horace This message was authored by: horace

If, as I suspect, the issues we are having are due to a failed firmware update, I do wonder if simply waiting for Sky to fix things at their end might be a vain hope.

If the affected devices won't even boot up, how are they going to download and apply new firmware?

I could be wrong, of course, but my suspicion is that a successful reset at the user end will be necessary one way or another.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@James+armer wrote:

I can't even get onto the site to activate it. I'm logged into sky type the website in and it comes up with a message saying ' oops there has been a problem' it's been like this for a good few hours now. I've tried multiple times on different devices and different web browsers. 

IMG_2044.png

@James+armer Sign out of your MySky account and then sign back in again and then enter the activation code.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

I can't get my puck in the bedroom to connect to my router. I managed to get the sky glass working. with the hard reset. But my router on the puck connection is not even on the list of available networks.. Pushing the button on the router doesn't work either.

This message was authored by josephbrevcat123 This message was authored by: josephbrevcat123

Sky Glass. Wont even go to standby mode.

Nothing working at all on sky glass tv. Wall switch on. No standby light. Buttons get no response. Batteries working

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Sky Glass. Wont even go to standby mode.

@josephbrevcat123 

Known issue. See this thread: Answered: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24 | Sky Community

You need to follow the steps here:Fix your Sky Glass or Sky Stream | Sky Help | Sky.com | Sky Help | Sky.com

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by KMH7 This message was authored by: KMH7

Been doing this since 1am on & off & still no joy. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion