Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Steve89076 This message was authored by: Steve89076

Hello my sky to obtained via a puck has not worked since yesterday evening . Am I alone with this pr

Sky puck has not worked for nearly 24 hours . Anyone else suffering ?

This message was authored by Juls56wingo This message was authored by: Juls56wingo

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

well they was happy to take my complaint and log it ......

This message was authored by horace This message was authored by: horace

This may or may not be relevant, but the first time I tried the fix suggested in the official solution from Sky (see green link at top of page) I released the reset button on the stream puck as soon as the white flashing light turned red. It didn't work.

The second time, I kept the reset button pressed until the light changed from solid red to flashing different colours. That did the trick. When the message about entering my PIN appeared, I powered off the puck and then switched it on again and all was well.

I really don't know if the above is critical to the process, but it did work for me, so may be worth a try.

This message was authored by Montz This message was authored by: Montz

Sky glass

Still no resolve on the sky glass yet? 
any update would be brilliant 

This message was authored by James+armer This message was authored by: James+armer

My sky glass has updated but I'm still stuck on trying to link my account to sky.com/activate. The website hasn't been working now for a good 3 hours. Can't seem to get through to anyone on the phone either 😞

image.jpg

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Hello my sky to obtained via a puck has not worked since yesterday evening . Am I alone with thi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Steve89076 wrote:

Sky puck has not worked for nearly 24 hours . Anyone else suffering ?

Follow the procedure exactly as describe in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Paul841 This message was authored by: Paul841

Does Sky have a timeframe when this fault be rectified as have unable to turn my 43 inch tv for nearly 24 hours.

This message was authored by Dave1379 This message was authored by: Dave1379

I understand how everyone feels, I was affected and very annoyed by the lack of information from Sky. However people complaining about them not answering the phone, can you imagine the demand last night and this morning. No matter how big their call centre there is no way that they or anyone else could handle the demand. I've now managed to get my Sky Stream back on line flowing the instructions, it's a real pain but it works now. My complaint will go to Sky when it's all calmed down a bit.

This message was authored by Harrysback This message was authored by: Harrysback

Outages happen.... however.

On reaching the option to use WPS or network password I chose the 1st option.

No joy.

Using the second option took me to the most bizarre data entry mechanism.

Unlike the familiar qwerty keyboard image I was facing a vertical alphanumeric, one click per letter choice. Endless clicking of the remote.... but where's the lower case?

Noooooo!

At the other end!

I gave up.

Please, someone suggest to someone to improve on this unhelpful method.

This message was authored by Heidi1174 This message was authored by: Heidi1174

My 2 sky puks have not been working all day.   They just have a flashing light on them and sky come up in the middle of my TV screen but nothing else. Then the turn off again with the flashing white light. 

This message was authored by Kirsten741 This message was authored by: Kirsten741

Make sure when pressing power button back on you leave your finger on it for about a min till a red light starts flashing I wasn't leaving my finger on for long enough now mines back up n running 

This message was authored by HayleyCB This message was authored by: HayleyCB

Re: Sky glass

Hi. I was having such issues just kept following the steps to reboot until today when I realised where I was going wrong. I held the power button on the side for 10 seconds, with my other hand I then unplugged the tv while keeping finger on button for another 10 seconds. Finally, plugged back in and kept finger on button for a further 10 seconds when led red light goes from a slow blink to a quick blink. Then release the button. A few seconds later the sky icon came up and update started. I hope this helps someone 

This message was authored by Vickim8558 This message was authored by: Vickim8558

I've tried so many times I'm exhausted. Nothing is working, button on side isn't lite. Constantly goes to network setup try putting in password and still nothing. I'm at a loss how this rubbish works.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@horace wrote:

This may or may not be relevant, but the first time I tried the fix suggested in the official solution from Sky (see green link at top of page) I released the reset button on the stream puck as soon as the white flashing light turned red. It didn't work.

The second time, I kept the reset button pressed until the light changed from solid red to flashing different colours. That did the trick. When the message about entering my PIN appeared, I powered off the puck and then switched it on again and all was well.

I really don't know if the above is critical to the process, but it did work for me, so may be worth a try.

@horace Initially I released the button too soon.  I looked at the instructions again and realised my mistake and after that it was plain sailing.

I note that many people are having as issue at the enter PIN screen.  The advise from Sky if to not enter a PIN but to switch off Glass/Stream puck at the wall socket.  and then to switch it on again and after it has rebooted it should work OK.  It did with me.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Karen1212 This message was authored by: Karen1212

I've been waiting on the phone for ages too.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion