Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Thank you! This method worked! My puck is now working. 

This message was authored by Ric74 This message was authored by: Ric74

No streaming TV.  Tried all the steps from Page 1, but still nothing.

Got to a point where it wants to link my account via a six-digit number at:  sky.com/activate.

Greeted with "oops there has been a problem".  So can't input the number. 

And yes of course I do have an account.

This message was authored by annegnna This message was authored by: annegnna

Tv stream

Hello , i really need to talk with someone . I called and i stay 1 h in the phone , taking all of my credit and nobody answer . My tv arrived yesterday and don t swich on .. can someone help me ? Thank you

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky glass still not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous 

Billing continues throughout a fault I'm afraid. Sky have not commented (and may not) on any kind of credit/compensation. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Juls56wingo wrote:

customers need to register their complaints with Ofcom the more sky customer that do this the more they will be held accounable in the end and for compensation

Probably important to note that the regulatory regime for subscription television is much lighter than for broadband & telecoms (which are designated by government as essential services) For television, Ofcom is more concerned with a stated customer support process being followed than in technology failure.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by horace This message was authored by: horace

@PaulRC1963 

Glad to hear it.

Which method worked for you?

This message was authored by ray1926 This message was authored by: ray1926

We are now working.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Darh2611 wrote:
It is still not working so I want to cancel my account and you can have equipment back as ain't paying for something that ain't working and sky are doing nothing to help customers

@Darh2611  You will need to contact Sky to cancel your account.  This help forum is made up of customers like yourself trying to help each other.  Even if a Sky employee sees your post they will not be able to determine you account details from your forum username.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

When you to the part where it asks for your pin, ignore it, unplug and plug back in and it bypasses that issue where it's saying pin is incorrect when it isn't. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Darh2611 

Have you followed the advice is post 2 currently showing as the answer?

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Haughle87 This message was authored by: Haughle87

I noticed the MySky error message had been updated, to suggest resetting. Having done this, it looks like things are back up and running. I await Sky's update on what, if any, refund or gesture of good will they'll make.

This message was authored by Steveefc This message was authored by: Steveefc

Sky stream hasn’t worked for 24 hours

Says there is an outage for the past 24 hours 

Is there much to do to get it working as that's a long time for it

This message was authored by Karen1212 This message was authored by: Karen1212

Been having problems with my Sky stream today all day. Does anyone know if there are still issues?

I've been having problems with Sky stream all day.  Tried resetting a few times and been hanging on telephone for over half an hour now.  How long am I likely to wait and are others having issues.

This message was authored by Hyper1979 This message was authored by: Hyper1979

I've just managed to get the puck working again. Don't know if this will work for everyone but might be worth a try.

My puck is connected to the router via ethernet cable so the steps I took was - 

1. I unplugged the puck at the mains the disconnected the ethernet cable
  2. Press and hold the standby button whilst device is powered off then plugged it back in keeping the standby button pressed down
  3. Waited for the LED to start flashing different colours but I carried on holding it in for a bit longer
  4. Now it was trying to go into recovery mode via Wifi rather than a cable connection but as usual it didn't work
  5. Unplugged the puck again but this time reconnected the ethernet cable (whilst still powered down)
  6. Pressed and held the power button (as per steps 2 and 3)
  7. This time went into recovery mode, then into set up and now it's finally working 
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Lauren222 something has borked the pucks so they would not restart Sky have not said what was the cause if they actually know but it is pretty fundamental. The recovery process linked basically forces the puck to take a new working firmware image and restart from scratch it is a process support have talked people through since launch when pucks have failed. Unfortunately some settings are lost in the process but you get a working puck/glass tv it is what is. Far quicker than sending out replacement pucks or sending out dngineers which would take weeks.

Took me 3 attempts on my single puck which was affected critically hold the power button in until the led starts flashing ,do not release when the colour just changes. With patience it should work.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion