Discussion topic: My5 app is frozen.

This message was authored by Jaxster05 This message was authored by: Jaxster05

My5 app is frozen.

It gets stuck after you click to say you are over 18. I've tried refreshing the apps in settings but made no difference. All other apps on my Sky glass are working and I can still watch My5 on my iPad and phone on the app just not my Sky Glass.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: My5 app is frozen.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well!

Just reaching out to ask a bit more on this issue.  If you are still having the My5 app freezing can you:

1) confirm that is the case still in the reply

2) in the same message, give me a bit of an account on what's actually happening when the app freezes. IE, is the app freezing when you start to playback content? 

3) Finally, have there been any solutions that you have found which at least intermittently fix the issue for a time?

Any other information you think would be helpful would be great 🙂

Marking this as the answer (for now) just so it's at the top of the thread for new user vistiing.

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Jaxster05 

Tried a reboot of the TV? Turn it off at the wall for a minute then power back on. 

Jaxster05
Topic Author

I've already tried that as well, it's actually on all 3 TVs (the main sky glass tv plus the 2 using the pucks) still no luck

Jaxster05
Topic Author

Thanks but already tried that. Reported to sky today who did all sorts or reboots etc including reset to factory settings but still not sorted so they are looking into it but need to know if anyone else is having the same problem 

This message was authored by AlanBMN This message was authored by: AlanBMN

Yes, same problem here. Accepted being over 16 and just get a continually spinning progresss cirlce in the centre of the app screen. Unresponsive to any navigation buttons etc. so can't access sidebar menu.

Jaxster05
Topic Author

I've reported it to Sky and they won't as many people as possible to report it. They did a complete reboot of my sky glass including restoring to factory settings and it still doing the same thing, so they think it's a problem with the My5 app.

This message was authored by AlanBMN This message was authored by: AlanBMN

I've just forced my Stream puck to update apps via the settings > system menu,  waited 30 minutes  and then tried My5 again and it's now working. Hope that works for you too..

Jaxster05
Topic Author

Unfortunately not, I tried that a few days ago before I reported it to sky,and it's still not right unfortunately but thanks anyway 😁

This message was authored by bobsleigh This message was authored by: bobsleigh

My 5 app is frozen on my sky glass tv.

This message was authored by AlexGent This message was authored by: AlexGent

The My5 app is frozen for me too. It won't play any programme.

This message was authored by bobsleigh This message was authored by: bobsleigh

Unplug the TV for 1 minute and restart. The app is now working.

This message was authored by AlexGent This message was authored by: AlexGent

Thanks - worked for me!

This message was authored by EmeraldGreen This message was authored by: EmeraldGreen

My 5 App on my stream box isn't working properly. 
It plays until an advert is due, then it goes to a black screen and won't do anything else. 
I've refreshed my apps and turned the tv and box on/off at mains but still playing up. 
So frustrating !!!

This message was authored by Angela6812 This message was authored by: Angela6812

I'm unable to open the My5 app on my Sky Glass TV. It worked fine until recently so don't know what has gone wrong.

I have refreshed the app as suggested in settings but still get a black screen. Tv is rebooted every day. Has anyone who has had the same problem managed to fix the issue? Please share if you have 

This message was authored by Janeval This message was authored by: Janeval

I've been having problems with the my5 app for the last couple of weeks. Tried updating the apps which did nothing but it just unplugged the to and it's up and running perfectly again. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion