Discussion topic: My5 app is frozen.

This message was authored by HelenHep This message was authored by: HelenHep

Re: My5 app is frozen.

So frustrating! All other apps work fine but tried my5 soooo many times and it just keeps on freezing!! Really not good 

This message was authored by savage59 This message was authored by: savage59

Same here with My5 app tried everything reboot, refresh apps nothing is working  I'm so frustrated because it was fine a few days ago, I don't know what more I can do now 

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well!

Just reaching out to ask a bit more on this issue.  If you are still having the My5 app freezing can you:

1) confirm that is the case still in the reply

2) in the same message, give me a bit of an account on what's actually happening when the app freezes. IE, is the app freezing when you start to playback content? 

3) Finally, have there been any solutions that you have found which at least intermittently fix the issue for a time?

Any other information you think would be helpful would be great 🙂

Marking this as the answer (for now) just so it's at the top of the thread for new user vistiing.

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by savage59 This message was authored by: savage59

I rebooted a few times and reset apps, it is working now but I don't know if it will work for long, I couldn't find where to clear cache 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @savage59 To clear the cache you need to refresh your apps at Settings > System Management > Resets & Updates > Refresh Apps (do not factory reset).

The process can take a few hours but is done in the background do you can continue watching your Glass TV.  I tend to do it at the end of the day so it has overnight to complete the refresh.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Daz_at_WR8 This message was authored by: Daz_at_WR8

Not a fix but 

Exit My5 app and go into another platform, netflix, player etc

Once loaded exit that platform and go back into My5.

Ours works every time..

Still frustrating tho.

Also does it on all four tvs.

I'm thinking it's a cookies issue

This message was authored by MisterM18 This message was authored by: MisterM18

@Daniel-FI have posted recently on here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Unable-to-access-the-My5-app/td-p/4671546 outlining similar problems with accessing content on the My5 app.

Despite me contacting Sky by phone on 18th June 2024 and then again on 27th June 2024, I have not heard anything whatsoever back from anyone at Sky since.

As it is now clear that numerous Sky customers are experiencing similar issues using the My5 app, do you have a date when will this matter be resolved?

===========================================

65" Sky Glass in Anthracite & 145 Mbps Ultrafast Broadband

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion