Discussion topic: Stream remote completely unresponsive

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Asteroiduk This message was authored by: Asteroiduk

Re: Stream remote completely unresponsive

Forgot to add, I did try pressing 7 and 9 for 5 sec and then 1 and 3 after resetting the box the first time, so I don't know if that helped at all...
This message was authored by Sarah987654321 This message was authored by: Sarah987654321

Re: Sky puck remote not working

I've only had the stream puck 1 week and the remote has completely died on me. I've tried changing batteries even tried the numbers you suggested pressing but it's not working, not even lightning up at all?

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There seems to be a lot of forum posts about the remotes these last few weeks 

there's obviously a qc issue somewhere !

you will need to call sky to obtain a replacement- in the meantime if you have come from sky q - the q remotes can be paired to the stream / glass units and work mostly ok 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by trueblue77 This message was authored by: trueblue77

After a first few days of no issues with my stream puck remotes I suddenly had one die on me last night. I noticed a low battery indicator appear on the top right of the screen initially. 

As I went to open the back cover the indicator disappeared and the remote stopped working altogether. No back light, nothing. Opening the cover everything 'seemed' ok, but I tried reseating the batteries. No joy. I then tried brand new Duracell AAA's and still nothing. What I did notice was that if you press lightly down on a battery there's a very slight bit of play, end to end, even without compressing the spring on the negative. Also both batteries can be rolled very easily whilst seated. Too easily in my opinion. Also, if you look at the positive contact it's actually a coil, rather than a solid contact. I'm not convinced it's the best option for making a good contact with the positive end of a battery. 

After multiple goes of reseating them my controller suddenly sprang into life. A minute or so later it died again, and this time a little smack on the palm of my hand did the trick. If this persists I'm going to put a small tightly folded up piece of tin foil at the positive end contact of each battery and see how I get on. 

Reading through multiple forum posts on this issue i'm convinced that there's a design/ tolerance issue with the battery compartment and terminals on Sky glass and stream remotes. 

This message was authored by Lanty This message was authored by: Lanty

The sky stream remote is not working

my sky stream remote has stopped working,put new batteries in and followed the on line tips but still not working. 

This message was authored by Michaelc1992 This message was authored by: Michaelc1992

My sky stream remote isn't work with my puck I have followed all the steps and still isn't working

My sky stream remote isn't work with my puck I have followed all the steps and still isn't working can you fix this problem as I have only had the puck for 2days 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: The sky stream remote is not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

In all likelihood you will need to call sky to arrange a replacement- this seems to be an ever more common problem 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Michaelc1992 This message was authored by: Michaelc1992

Thanks 

This message was authored by Basil1836 This message was authored by: Basil1836

Having the same issue. I've only just joined Sky and less than 24 hours later the remote has failed. I've checked for bits of paper stuck in the battery compartment, resetting the remote and a full reset of the puck and nothings working. I only got the bloomin thing to watch F1 wishing I'd stick to the F1 app and a VPN. 

This message was authored by Mgriff64 This message was authored by: Mgriff64

Exactly the same middle of setting my new sky stream box to my bt broadband the remote stopped working, now my bt broadband has gone down.

Phoned sky they said there has been problems but i will not know as bt are not coming to fix my broadband until next Saturday.  So will need to call sky again then if it doesn't work 

This message was authored by Eyesofjobe This message was authored by: Eyesofjobe

Same here, just been trying to use my remote with my Sky puck and only certain things work such as the Power button, the voice button and that's about it...

How do we fix that???

This message was authored by Mgriff64 This message was authored by: Mgriff64

When I phoned I felt that sky fobbed me off a bit but my broadband is down bt engineer coming next Saturday to sort my router problems out unfortunately that was the first appointment given

So only can wait and see but I'm within the cooling off period so reading all the nessages about sky stream puck problems I think I'm going to cancel and return the stream box back for a refund plus my sky TV hasn't been activated as yet 

This message was authored by EthanIsCool This message was authored by: EthanIsCool

The reason for this is their is a bug where if you set the remote to control a tv or sound speaker system it initiatlly locks to tv only then disables remote completely and no fix at moment until they release a software update.

Even if you factory reset like I did it doesnt fix the issue

This message was authored by Carnoch04 This message was authored by: Carnoch04

My remote has just failed. I called and eventually talked to someone who will send a new one immediately. He also told me other things but that is not for a forum which Sky may pay attention too. Interesting though. 

This message was authored by Eyesofjobe This message was authored by: Eyesofjobe

And suddenly mine was working again this morning, minus the volume controls....

...wierd 🙄

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion