Discussion topic: sky glass remote not working

This message was authored by Sadie88 This message was authored by: Sadie88

sky glass remote not working

My sky glass remote isn't working properly up, down, left and right and the numbers if I press 1 it turns off, I have put new batteries in turned it all off but nothing working any advice please x 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Re: sky glass remote not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The below may help. 

The remote can be reset and paired again following these steps;

1. Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
2. Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
3. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.

More details - https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-glass/using-sky-glass/using-sky-glass-remote/articles/yo...

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by DJELAL+junior+isp This message was authored by: DJELAL+junior+isp

Spky remote not working?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@DJELAL+junior+isp if you have a problem with a remote here is where to start https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remote-control-help-sky-glass

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by ashmillin This message was authored by: ashmillin

This is now a recurring issue. I received my sky glass tv and remote and within an hour, the remote was non-responsive. All that press 7 and 9 then 1 and 3 buttons didn't help. Went thru tech support and they ordered a new one. This arrived 2 weeks ago and just now the replacement remote control has the same issue again. This product needs to be recalled as this isn't standard for new equipment. They need to figure it out.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Try holding it in both hands and twist in opposite directions 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by ashmillin This message was authored by: ashmillin

Great! Yes, that twisting advice did the trick - but not on the newer remote control, rather it worked on the older one - the one that came with the telly. Will try the trick on the newer one later but for now I've got a working remote control. Happy days!

This message was authored by R+Blair This message was authored by: R+Blair

I have this exact issue. How did you get hold of tech support?

This message was authored by Philsky This message was authored by: Philsky

This method has just worked on my sky glass remote . That's just weird. Obviously a connection problem on the pcb in the remote. Not acceptable in this day and age.

This message was authored by michael.mallock1 This message was authored by: michael.mallock1

I have just had the same issue on a 1 day old system, the number pressing did not work, holding in both hands and twisting did! clearly a loose connection inside. it does need a good twist....

This message was authored by Philsky This message was authored by: Philsky

Dear Mr Sky

It is perfectly obvious from various posts that you have an issue with a substantial batch of Glass remotes. Having customers twist the remote with quite some force is not acceptable.

What are you doing about it apart from ignoring it?

Regards

Phil Bond

This message was authored by Marley11 This message was authored by: Marley11

This actually worked!

This message was authored by Scottywil This message was authored by: Scottywil

The hard reset worked , but because the controller wasn't working after numerous attempts and battery change etc, I could not go through any set up menus. So,   I connected the skyglass directly to my router after a restart , as I had previously been using it wirelessly.  It updated ok and requested 1&3 on the remote to pair, still the old controller would not work so I just paired my older skyQ remote and so far so good. I've never had any issues with my SkyQ controller so I'm going to stick with it on the glass. If I have any further issues with the tv not responding , screen blank or Netflix etc not loading , then I will request a replacement tv but I'm not bothered about using the old remote. 

This message was authored by Visor11 This message was authored by: Visor11

Our sky glass remote does not work either, paired sporadically now will not light up or or pair. This is so frustrating especially as our television is less than a week old. There is no source button on the remote and the sky q box voice control responded far quicker. Successfully paired the sky q remote first time. There definitely seems to be an issue with the current sky glass remote. Overall, we are disappointed with the glass functionality.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Visor11 as widly discussed in the forum Sky got sent a batch of remotes which had a significant number of faulty units. Many can be got to work by twisting the case but Sky will send you a replacement if you call but with Christmas, postal strikes etc it msy take axwhile to arrive.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion