Discussion topic: Texts not coming through for 2 step verification

This message was authored by KeithC1 This message was authored by: KeithC1

Re: Texts not coming through for 2 step verification

Was not given an option of re installing 2SV. Just appeared as if nothing had happened even though I mailed Sky and said I did not wish to use it any more.

This message was authored by cov87 This message was authored by: cov87

Randomly 2SA popped up for the 1st time this morning since this all kicked off last week, but only on my phone, not on my laptop. To be fair the code came straight away and worked.... but it's not asked for 2SA since. So considering Sky cancelled my 2SA last week as "the only solution" it seems like it's still all over the place 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KeithC1 wrote:

I mailed Sky and said I did not wish to use it any more.

@KeithC1 

When you signed up to 2FA you were given a recovery code so if you didn't make a note of it then check the email you were also sent.

To turn off 2FA sign in with the recovery code so at the login select "can't sign in with the code" link. You'll then be asked for the recovery code.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by M_Earl This message was authored by: M_Earl

I had to use my recovery code to get back into my email. The two step verification isn't working: no code is sent to my mobile. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion