Discussion topic: Texts not coming through for 2 step verification

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Texts not coming through for 2 step verification

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trefusis 

When you signed up to 2FA you were given a recovery code so if you didn't make a note of it then check the email you were also sent.

To turn off 2FA sign in with the recovery code so at the login select "can't sign in with the code" link. You'll then be asked for the recovery code.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Richo1966 This message was authored by: Richo1966

I have had the same problem here no code coming to my mobile for 2 days now, sky agent told me today that they are aware of the issue and it should be resolved within 48 hours.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Trefusis wrote:

I pay more than enough for Sky and these things keep happening!

Sky email is free. Guess it proves the old adage, "you get what you pay for".

This message was authored by Dmy This message was authored by: Dmy Answer

I have had the same problem, but just today. However, 2FA seems to have been removed, as I no longer need to input a code to access my email through the Sky website.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Dmy wrote:

I have had the same problem, but just today. However, 2FA seems to have been removed, as I no longer need to input a code to access my email through the Sky website.

I've just tried, and it's the same for me.

Hope to goodness they don't bring it back.

This message was authored by passiflora This message was authored by: passiflora

I can now access my SKY Yahoo email without verification code. Seems that the 2 stage app has been removed during the day.  I think it is really poor that not once have i seen a general comms about this from Sky and/or Yahoo. A complaint to Ofcom may be due...

Jocelyn
This message was authored by Dmy This message was authored by: Dmy

Given that Sky mobile piggyback off of O2, I wonder if it's something to do with this and Sky's relationship with O2 and the other providers: EE, Three and Vodafone. I'm with Lebara, who piggyback off of Vodafone. It would be interesting to hear whether those, like me, that have had problems, who are they with. I presume that those on O2 would have no problems.

This message was authored by cm1980 This message was authored by: cm1980

Well after 2 days they seem to have a workaround!! Just tried agai nto add my email account to my iphone and success. No verfication code reqiured and no remeebring the 2 step verifcation code. 

I hope they put in a permenent fix!! 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@cm1980 wrote:

I hope they put in a permenent fix!! 

Yes, I'm guessing it's a temporary workaround while Sky sort out the underlying problem. I suspect a number of Sky Yahoo Mail users won't reactivate it after this if 2 step login is restored....

This message was authored by KeithC1 This message was authored by: KeithC1

Like others before me I tried log in to email this morning  and after some hesitancy on accessing I was let straight in with no mention of 2SV.  Please SKY, if you do get this fixed do not impose it back on us without giving us the opportunity to refuse its re installation.

This message was authored by cov87 This message was authored by: cov87

Likewise... although I had spoken to Sky yesterday who had said only solution was for them to remove the TSA, which could take 72 hours. In reality it took 24 hours... but maybe they have removed it for everyone to solve the issue? Either way it's business as usual thankfully  

@KeithC1 wrote:

Like others before me I tried log in to email this morning  and after some hesitancy on accessing I was let straight in with no mention of 2SV.  Please SKY, if you do get this fixed do not impose it back on us without giving us the opportunity to refuse its re installation.

If it's restored, I imagine it will be as before, with the fault fixed.

It was optional before, not imposted, and I expect the same will apply if and when 2 step login is restored.

This message was authored by cm1980 This message was authored by: cm1980

I must remember to take note of the recovery code and store this on a cloud base storage in future. Lesson learnt, and shame on myself for not doing this before, especially having an IT background earlier in my career.

My first time posting on the community, thanks to the superusers and users for escalating and keeping the thread updated with feedback and advice. Another lesson learnt, review my messages for grammar and errors before posting!!

@cm1980 wrote:

I must remember to take note of the recovery code and store this on a cloud base storage in future

Welcome to the Community 🙂. Don't worry too much about spelling and grammar - I often post typos. Doesn't really matter as long as your post is understood.

Yes, I'm sure this fault will have driven home to many the need to keep a separate note of the Recovery code in case you can't get to the email from Sky which contains it. I suspect after this experience many others won't bother to set up 2 step login at all when it's restored!

For anyone who hasn't noticed, this has now been fixed and texts are coming through as they should (I've checked).

If you decide to re-enable two step verification, do be sure to make a separate note of the Recovery Code when it's displayed on screen, as Sky recommend, in case you can't access your mailbox for the emailed copy.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion