Discussion topic: Texts not coming through for 2 step verification

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Unable to access sky email on web as verification code never sent - have tried several times

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Just to confirm - I've been notified that Sky are aware and are investigating.

This message was authored by HAL12 This message was authored by: HAL12

Re: Unable to access sky email on web as verification code never sent - have tried several times

Thank you 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Texts not coming through for 2 step verification

@cm1980 wrote:

Tried to setup via outlook app, same issue .... sending code to mobile number ******1234

Don't set it up as Yahoo, set it up as IMAP and use a generated password.

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

If you need the server details use these:

imap.mail.yahoo.com port 993 SSL

smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 465 SSL

Good luck

Edit, I originally put the POP port instead of the IMAP port, now corrected.

This message was authored by rich7908 This message was authored by: rich7908

Re: I made the mistake of signing up for this two step verification thing. Its a nightmare.

Also not recieving access code to sign in to yahoo mail ?

This message was authored by DadPav This message was authored by: DadPav

Yes have the same problem/problems: No 2FA texts and does not let me update password.

Also afraid that I had been hacked

This has been happening for last 4 hours...get it fixed!

This message was authored by el1seandc0rey This message was authored by: el1seandc0rey

Same as me. I thought something had changed on my phone

This message was authored by Val1950 This message was authored by: Val1950

Re: Like many others as of 29/06/2023 14:32 I can not access my Sky Yahoo e-mails. Anyone got an ans

2 step verification has worked until now, suddenly I'm not receiving text codes. It's for my husband, I shouldn't have set up 2 step verification and I really regret it now as I'm sometimes not home when he needs the code. Also, I don't remember getting the initial code and can't find it. Is there any way to fix this?

This message was authored by sam110 This message was authored by: sam110

Re: I made the mistake of signing up for this two step verification thing. Its a nightmare.

i am   having the same trouble  not sending verification to my phone or recognising my recovery code, i had trouble 6 weeks ago when i had not signed up for  the 2 step verification it would not  sign me in . i have tried everything. i am thinking of cancelling my sky account and jest get freeview and netflix

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@sam110 wrote:

i am thinking of cancelling my sky account and jest get freeview and netflix

Why cancel your TV service over issues with your email account, just sign up for an email account at Gmail.com or Outlook.com instead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by stradbroke This message was authored by: stradbroke

I've opened an email account with gmail and yahoo.com but will still keep tv with Sky, even at what they are charging me !

This message was authored by Pete26 This message was authored by: Pete26

Yes Exactly the same been like it 2 days now and forgot my reset code so am up the creak with out a paddle 

This message was authored by fluptup This message was authored by: fluptup

Just to add my voice that OTP not coming through to phone. Aware that it's been posted that Sky are alert to the problem too. Try again tomorrow I guess.

This message was authored by kibber This message was authored by: kibber

I am also having the same problem - not receiving code for two-step authenticiation.

Tried phoning Sky - went through to a call centre - they said engineers were very busy, but then said that it is a Yahoo problem not a Sky problem.

Gave me a number for Yahoo, when called the number was dead.  Found another number for Yahoo, went straight through to a person (based in Ireland), said that he could see I had a virus at 25% in my mailbox, and later it went up to 33%.  The person wanted access to my computer.  At which point I hung up.

Any updates on this?  Have all mailboxes got a virus?   Sky?

This message was authored by Donald2002 This message was authored by: Donald2002

Use the Recovery Code to turn off 2 Step Authentication. Mine worked immediately and I logged straight into email. Read detailed responses on page one posts describing.

This message was authored by Trefusis This message was authored by: Trefusis

Same problem here too!

I pay more than enough for Sky and these things keep happening!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion