Discussion topic: Texts not coming through for 2 step verification

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Texts not coming through for 2 step verification

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JoanneeTaylor wrote:

I've managed to find the recovery code so have now switched two-step off, phew

I'd recommend leaving it off, unless,you have particular concerns about security of access.

This message was authored by stradbroke This message was authored by: stradbroke

Re: Problem with two-step authentication

Seems that you are in the same club as a lot of us.  Switching to a new carrier like gmail.

Good bye Sky !!

This message was authored by AJG1 This message was authored by: AJG1

I managed to get one verification code sent by going into my actual sky email and re-entering my telephone number. This then allowed me to access email on the computer. I then tried to access on my phone but again I didn't receive a verification code. 🙈

This message was authored by SamPayne47 This message was authored by: SamPayne47

code not beng sent to my phone - was abel to access yesterday when code sen but as of this morning nothing.  so I am now locked out of my emails.

This message was authored by stradbroke This message was authored by: stradbroke

I can receive my emails on smart phone but not on any computer. No code needed on smart phone.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@stradbroke wrote:

I can receive my emails on smart phone but not on any computer. No code needed on smart phone.

Which app are you using in your mobile? Might be a workaround for others too.

Just a Sky mail app, plus a Yahoo mail app and Gmail app.  Covering all bases.

When an email comes in on the Sky app I forward it to my new Gmail address and read it there as it's easier to work with there than on smart phone.

This message was authored by KeithC1 This message was authored by: KeithC1

Have spent last 2 hours trying to access mail. No verification codes being sent. Used code as sent by SKY, not working. FRUSTRATING

This message was authored by KeithC1 This message was authored by: KeithC1

SMS working fine, receiving messages as normal. Just NOT receiving 2 step Verification codes from Sky. Do Sky have a problem????

This message was authored by Donald2002 This message was authored by: Donald2002

This is rediculous. I don't know how many Yahoo mail users are with Sky but I would guess a million or more. Is it possible they are all locked out now? They're lucky I don't live anywhere near Isleworth or I would be knocking on doors. Thankfully I had my Recovery Code and am now back on.

This message was authored by cov87 This message was authored by: cov87

Spoke to Sky, only solution they could provide was to remove the two step verification process, which can take up to 72 hours. Not ideal but that's what I've done. Fingers crossed it works. Worryingly no one at Sky seems to be aware this is an ongoing general issue for multiple people 

This message was authored by cm1980 This message was authored by: cm1980

@cov87 what was the number you contacted sky on? 

Yes SMS is nothing to do with Sky so I would suspect that everyone are getting their normal texts

Why arn't Sky sorting this out.  They're very quiet and its obvious that this is a national problem, not as I first thought, something that I had done wrong.

WHERE ARE YOU SKY ??

This message was authored by lroberts137 This message was authored by: lroberts137

Not been able to access emails since yeasterday.  Same as others the verification code not coming through.  I called Sky this morning and after an hour and a half and speaking to 6 different depts I was told the probem is with Yahoo and not sky.  They gave me a contact number but this is obtainable.

This message was authored by cm1980 This message was authored by: cm1980

So if the problem is with Yahoo and Sky are using them as a 3rd party for supporting/hosting thier email addresses, should they not be escalating and not brushing it off as someone else issue. 

Great customer service once again from Sky. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion