Discussion topic: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

The issues have been reported thousands of times on numerous Yahoo and other forums but Yahoo have not provided any response and users cannot contact them via the phone number provided by Sky as the line just advises that it is busy and to try again later

Are you suggesting it's not just Sky customers that have the problem? I doubt it is in the thousands.

@Anonymous wrote:

I also notice that there may be a security breach as most users are reporting that there Sky account was hacked then lost access to thier Sky.com email accounts after having reset thier Sky.com account password which of course is separate from thier Sky.com email now hosted by Yahoo so could be hackers trying to harvest login and password accounts.

Most, if not all, posters on here who say their accounts have been "hacked", have in fact given their credentials to the scammers via phishing emails. Not really hacking and not a security breach, just gullible/inexperienced users.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

My final twopence worth, It is users Sky accounts (not thier sky.com yahoo email ones) that have been hacked and my mention of other forums is because people are advising the same on Yahoo's forum that thier Sky.com broadband accounts were hacked, so not speculation but fact, so I would expect Sky to want some involvement in this as all the posts then advise that thier Yahoo sky.com email accounts no longer work. I only speculated on what the hackers might have wanted. So now hope Sky will escalate with Yahoo to get this all sorted and let this forum deal with other important helpful issues!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

There is no evidence whatsoever of a Sky.com broadband account (whatever that is) being hacked. I am a broadband customer and i can assure you that nothing is amiss with my account so if you have clear proof that this has happened then take it to Sky but I would suggest that you haven't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@Anonymous wrote:

It is users Sky accounts (not thier sky.com yahoo email ones) that have been hacked and my mention of other forums is because people are advising the same on Yahoo's forum that thier Sky.com broadband accounts were hacked, 

The credentials are the same for both the email and the Sky accounts, so my assertion that is is phishing not hacking still stands.

You sound like a Sky employee, my cooleagues sky broadband account was hacked which is why he asked me to assist him with Sky who agreed his Sky account had been compromised.

, I have since found numerous others who had the same issue and alk had the sky.com email issue afterwards. Glad I no longer work in IT as it has gone sadly very downhill

Compromised, possibly, but that doesn't mean hacked. If you got that far with Sky, I can't believe they couldn't cure it.

No I do not work for Sky, (or anyone else, I'm retired, but worked in computers and communications for over 40 years)

His password had been changed, not by him or Sky and his email address reset to an outlook. com account. I too am retired and have been a senior manager and director for the largest IT co in the UK so do know the difference. Please do not post against this comment and let Sky do thieir job on resolving the email issues reported here by sky users

@Anonymous wrote:

His password had been changed, not by him or Sky and his email address reset to an outlook. com account. 

And could Sky not reset it for him, after passing security of course?

I did ask you to refrain from posting negative and stupid responses any further, my colleagues sky account had benn accessed snd a number of items in his profile changed then he encountered the separate yahoo issue. End of!!!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Anonymous wrote:

...my colleagues sky account had benn accessed snd a number of items in his profile changed...

That's typical of what we see here regularly as a result of an account being compromised via a phishing attack, rather than hacking.

It's a public forum. Community members can post as they see fit within the forum rules.

This message was authored by kate007 This message was authored by: kate007

Thank you to you all for the recent messages and replies to my enquiry. Going back to the issue could I just ask if from your experience any of you or your colleagues mentioned in post abive managed to find a solution to the issue as it sounds similar to mi e .   Not to worry if not per my earlier post I shall pursue my complaint  directly with Sky.  Thank you 

@Anonymous wrote:

I did ask you to refrain from posting negative and stupid responses any further, my colleagues sky account had benn accessed snd a number of items in his profile changed then he encountered the separate yahoo issue. End of!!!

And it's goodby from him. 

This message was authored by Marble66 This message was authored by: Marble66

Did anyone ever get a resolution to this?

My email was hacked this morning - I have changed my password and security question and can now get back into my sky account but when trying to access sky mail it is presenting me with the yahoo login box which I then get the verification code issue.

Any help is greatfully received as I really need to access this email account.

This message was authored by kate007 This message was authored by: kate007

Hi. I have had the issue and unresolved for almost a month despite more than 30 calls into the service centre, and mixed guidance from the sky colleagues, hence I have raised a formal complaint via the Customer Priority Team. I am still waiting for a resolution. @Marble66 

This message was authored by Marble66 This message was authored by: Marble66

@kate007 how have you complained to sky? I have tried emailing and it bounced back and the complaint form I have been advised to use doesn't have an option for Sky Mail. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion