Discussion topic: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

This message was authored by fflintyflu This message was authored by: fflintyflu

Re: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

I am unable to log in to my sky.com email thru any method. It takes me to Yahoo sign in page. Once email address entered it takes me instantly to Yahoo sign in page and tells me at has sent a 6 digit verification code to my sky.com email address. I have spoken to sky and Yahoo no help, except for one service lady in Bulgaria. She tried so many things to no avail. This is ludicrous.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fflintyflu wrote:

I am unable to log in to my sky.com email thru any method. It takes me to Yahoo sign in page. Once email address entered it takes me instantly to Yahoo sign in page.....

I don't know of any reason why that should happen. Close all Sky and Yahoo Web pages ypu might have open and, hen clear your browser cache. Or try logging in using your browser's incognito/privacy mode.

Or use a different browser.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@fflintyflu wrote:

I am unable to log in to my sky.com email thru any method. It takes me to Yahoo sign in page. Once email address entered it takes me instantly to Yahoo sign in page and tells me at has sent a 6 digit verification code to my sky.com email address.

That sounds like the same problem @kate007   on this thread had, their resolution was to go via the complaints procedure.

Edited reply, as I hadn't realised this was the same thread.

This message was authored by deriter This message was authored by: deriter

Hi all. I'm back again and totally disgusted once again with Sky and the problems with the Sky Yahoo emails. After my eventual resolution last year and gaining access to my account, I now have the same issue again after I couldn't log in on Saturday 17/2/24. This time I'm being told

deriter_0-1708360958929.png

I'm not trying to create a new Yahoo email - just trying to access my existing account - but now can't. Have been onto the Sky help number that helped me last year and, according to them, I don't exist again. They told me I had to contact Yahoo. Don't know why as I have always gone through sky.com. Anyway they gave me a number to call Yahoo on and then had the temerity to ask if I wanted to join Sky - mobile, TV etc. So  I called the number they gave me and it turned out to be a Virgin media number - **bleep**!!

Sky seriously have got the worst service it's ever been my misfortune to encounter.

I might just give up on them this time!!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Prior to Saturday 17th when was the last time you logged into your account, do you login on a regular basis ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by deriter This message was authored by: deriter

Logged in on Friday 16th and all was well as it had been when I've logged in every day.

Just not now.

This message was authored by Vicki0607 This message was authored by: Vicki0607

Hey all! Another one over here 👋 

my *******@sky.com account can not be logged into on any device, browser or application. 

i have been in contact with skys 30+ times and yahoo also! Yahoo stays that it's skys issue and they can't do anything as they are just the mail platform. 

When I got to log into the sky app I can do this fine! I can reset the password and all security questions with no issues at all. So the password and user name are fine. I can even turn in and off 2FA from the main part of the sky account.
once logged in and click the mail option, I am asked the email address, then a robot detection screen, pass that and I am faced with - 6 digit verification code that is being sent - to the email address I am trying to access! Round and around we go! 

I am no longer a sky customer but still use their email service as it has been my main email address for 10+ years! 

looking at the other replies on here I am not feeling very confident in rectifying this issue. I have seen people recommend going through the complaints procedure, but these are stating for BB issues, Tv, streaming ect. I fall into none of these categories-just the email! 

any advice at all please!! 

This message was authored by fflintyflu This message was authored by: fflintyflu

I am having similar problems which arose after my account was hacked. This has been going on since Nov 13th 2023.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with Sky and Yahoo.

It has been escalated on several occasions and I am told it could take 3 weeks for any response. I raised a formal complaint and still nothing.

I am a Sky customer and this doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever. It's appauling...

@Vicki0607 wrote:

When I got to log into the sky app I can do this fine! I can reset the password and all security questions with no issues at all. So the password and user name are fine. I can even turn in and off 2FA from the main part of the sky account.
once logged in and click the mail option, I am asked the email address, then a robot detection screen, pass that and I am faced with - 6 digit verification code that is being sent - to the email address I am trying to access! Round and around we go! 

I'm not especially familiar with the Sky app - where's the mail option?

I suspect the verification code you're being sent is not the email 2 step login verification code.

@fflintyflu wrote:

I am having similar problems which arose after my account was hacked. This has been going on since Nov 13th 2023.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with Sky and Yahoo.

It has been escalated on several occasions and I am told it could take 3 weeks for any response. I raised a formal complaint and still nothing.

I am a Sky customer and this doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever. It's appauling...

There's no point talking to Yahoo about this - they can't help. Is the problem that an email 2 step verification code is being sent to a mobile which isn't yours? If so, Sky do have a team that can resolve it for you, but the problem is finding an adviser who knows of their existence.

This message was authored by Vicki0607 This message was authored by: Vicki0607

Nope, it's my mobile number... just doesn't give an option to receive it by text. It says we have sent a code to my sky email. Absolute nightmare!!!! 

re sky ap- Mail isn't on there, your right. Was stating the lug ins are correct. Although if you use sky.com and log into your account. There is a drop down menu with your mail there, only this still flashes up this yahoo rubbish?!

arghhhhhhhh 

@Vicki0607 Sky's email 2 step verification process only sends the code by text so this must be a different process (not that that helps much practically).

Where this odd Yahoo verification code process is coming from I don't know. Unless another Community member can shed any light on it, I'm afraid you'll have to pursue it with Sky.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Mark39 wrote:

Where this odd Yahoo verification code process is coming from I don't know. Unless another Community member can shed any light on it, I'm afraid you'll have to pursue it with Sky.

@Mark39 

From what I could glean from @KathleenLexi's earlier comments in this thread, is it appears that occasionally a security alert arises at Yahoo's end and as these aren't normal Yahoo accounts the only recovery route they have is via the Sky email address.

Fortunately it's never happened to me, but I suspect only Sky liaising with Yahoo will unlock the account, but how you get them to do that I don't know.

Just my take, I've no proof that is the case.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion