Discussion topic: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

KathleenLexi
Topic Author
This message was authored by KathleenLexi This message was authored by: KathleenLexi

Re: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

Thanks - this ssays invalid username or password (I generated Android and tried on GMAIL app) - i also tried the pwd i know is correct (or was) and that too said invalid email or password 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Well it really is  all very confusing. Whenever you get asked to enter the verification code sent to your Sky email, that has to be coming from the Yahoo account. Having a separate Yahoo account is really the only difference (as far as I can see) between you and most other Sky users. If you no longer use the Yahoo account, I wonder if deleting it would "free" things up?

As you are getting invalid username or password with both the actual password and the generated one, I wonder if changing it would do any good.

You would do that here: https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/email but it is odd that you say your Sky account and Sky email account have different credentials, that is not usual.

KathleenLexi
Topic Author
This message was authored by KathleenLexi This message was authored by: KathleenLexi

Thanks again, and yes let me try nuking all yahoo accounts (i do not use them)

Re password in my account details it says this so i guess its supported ? I must have done it for a reason 🙂 cannot remember why now: 

KathleenLexi_0-1657815155000.png

will post back results from a destroyed Yahoo account shortly. 

KathleenLexi
Topic Author

Not an answer as such - but will post back on my return from my journey into the huge behemoth that is Yahoo. 

No problem Kathleen. I think what you will need to do is call Yahoo Customer Support and see if they can change your verification method from their side or advise on what might be causing the 'Uh Oh' error message. I normally do not like to tell customer they need to speak to someone else but as Yahoo are the hosts for the email we use we have very little control or access to be able to help past basic things. I would expect them to be able to change the verification or be able to verify over the phone. The number for them is on the link below

@KathleenLexi wrote:

I think what you will need to do is call Yahoo Customer Support 

Good luck with that. I've never known anyone be able to talk to Yahoo support. (for free)

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

After speaking with the customer and going through various steps we have had to advise the customer to call Yahoo to see if the verification method can be changed. It was nice speaking with you and thank you for escalating 🙂

KathleenLexi
Topic Author

Just want to say thanks to everyone for trying. 

Sorry it was a weird one, if i get anywhere ill post an update.

I've been thinking about this, and I suspect that because you have added your Sky email address to your Yahoo account, when Yahoo sees the Sky email address it tries to log you in to the Yahoo account, but can't because it hasn't been verified. If you are unable to delete the Yahoo account just try deleting/cancelling the Sky email from it.

Couple of other crazy thoughts, try login in here: https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email but just use the Sky ID (the bit before the @sky.com) and password.

And even more crazy, try logging in direct to Yahoo using your Sky email address and password.

https://login.yahoo.com

KathleenLexi
Topic Author

thanks @jayach without the sky.com bit i get this : So something different - will try your other suggestions and post back 

KathleenLexi_0-1657877275378.png

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You know this link that you said you could access earlier what email address is shown here, is it a yahoo or Sky.com one, whatever it is can you add a Gmail address to it and save this ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Suffolk+Rob This message was authored by: Suffolk+Rob

Hi

Was there ever a solution to Kathleen's email login problem, as I have exactly the same . Followng my email account being hacked into and messages sent to all my contacts I could no longer log in..

Sky email password has been changed ok, but when I click on the Yahoo email tag, from the my sky page I get the Yahoo login page, and then  enter my email address @sky.com. After doing the prove your not a robot thing, I am then told that a verification code will be sent to the email address I am trying to log into !

Any recovery email address that I had at talk talk has been disscontinued due to lack of use.

Have spent more than 2 hours on the phone with a Sky advisor and not got anywhere, just seem to keep resetting the Sky password.  

Help !

RM

@Suffolk+Rob 

Can you log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

If so you can change your recover email, and set a new security question.

This message was authored by Suffolk+Rob This message was authored by: Suffolk+Rob

Hi

Recovery email  now udated to wifes email, and security question  updated, but still directed to Yahoo login page and then after password entered, response is a verification code has been sent to my email address which I am trying to get into....

Very frustrating, seem to have tried loads of things previously, even the above.....

Change your password using the security question option. After that you should be able to login O.K. with the new password.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion