Discussion topic: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Sky.Com email verification code is sent to my sky.com email address !

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Absolutely, it's difficult to understand how they got it so wrong, when loads of other companies are using it successfully.

This message was authored by kate007 This message was authored by: kate007

@deriter @jayach

Hi Deriter

i was in the same position and lost hope but my issuing a formal complaint the Uk based team picked it up and eventually solved it.  
I am glad I pursued the formal complaint route as without that I doubt I would have had my emails recovered.   

This message was authored by deriter This message was authored by: deriter

Thanks Guys. Going to try the complaints route and see what happens 🙂

This message was authored by deriter This message was authored by: deriter

Hi guys.

Finally managed this morning to get a resolution and can now access my Sky Yahoo emails. [content removed]

They responded in a couple of days, but had to give me another number to call [content removed]. The girl was really helpful and talked me through how to reset the password - eventually. I did feel a little bit like I was the criminal and getting the 3rd degree to make sure I was me 🙂, but it was worth it in the end as I now have my account back. She couldn't tell me what had happened but, from reading many of the other threads, it seems like hackers were (are) targeting Sky.

Anyway, many thanks to all who pointed me down this route and hope others might get resolution doing the same.

Moderator note: details removed as it's the wrong team

This message was authored by Aleksandrorlov This message was authored by: Aleksandrorlov

Could those of you that had to resort to the complaints process be kind enough to give or message me the contact details you used. Many thanks is advance @deriter @kate007 

Meerkat
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Aleksandrorlov wrote:

Could those of you that had to resort to the complaints process be kind enough to give or message me the contact details you used. Many thanks is advance @deriter @kate007 

No need. See: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

This message was authored by Aleksandrorlov This message was authored by: Aleksandrorlov

@Mark39 options don't mention email, assume I use the broadband option? 

Meerkat
This message was authored by fflintyflu This message was authored by: fflintyflu

I am having the exact same problem. No help from Yahoo as they no longer have anything to do with Sky. Sky have tried to resolve the issue but unable to anything as Yahoo need to change the destination of where the verification code is being sent.

This message was authored by fflintyflu This message was authored by: fflintyflu

HI there

How and who did you raise the complaint with?

@fflintyflu wrote:

I am having the exact same problem. No help from Yahoo as they no longer have anything to do with Sky. Sky have tried to resolve the issue but unable to anything as Yahoo need to change the destination of where the verification code is being sent.

This has nothing to do with Yahoo, so you may have been misinformed there. Sky and Yahoo have implemented separate two step verification processes and Yahoo can't change where Sky's verification code is sent.

If you have access to the Recovery Code (Sky recommended you keep a separate note of it safely) displayed when you set up 2 step verification, you can use it to turn it off.

I have tried to do this and nothing, it won't accept the 16 digit, one time generated password.

@fflintyflu wrote:

I have tried to do this and nothing, it won't accept the 16 digit, one time generated password.

For clarity are you trying to reset your Sky login password, or are you trying to log in to Sky Yahoo Mail?

And if you're trying to log in to Sky Yahoo Mail, are you using an email app? Or are you logging in online here: https://www.sky.com/signin/email

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@fflintyflu wrote:

@fflintyflu 

The verification code is sent to your mobile.

The 16 digit password is displayed on the screen when you generate it and can not be used to login to your Sky account with.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Hi thanks for a reply. I am logging on thru mysky app on my android phone and thru the sky.com web page on PC.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@fflintyflu wrote:

Hi thanks for a reply. I am logging on thru mysky app

You can't access your emails via the MySky app so what are you trying to do, generate the 16 digit code to use with an email app or are you trying to get the verification code sent to your mobile to use when logging into your email account at Sky.com ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion