Discussion topic: How do I restore my email if my mailbox is suspended?

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: How do I restore my email if my mailbox is suspended?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Moira61 wrote:

i have spent 2 days talking to Sky, the first to sort out the scammed email account and the second trying to get it unsuspended. I'm being sent around the houses. Repeating myself continually and being asked to try the same things over and over. I have asked if they can escalate and someone is suppose to be calling me back. I'm going to be so stuck if 20 years worth of correspondance suddently becomes inaccessible

Without trying to sound unkind, it would be better if you started your own thread, it is then easier to follow just what has been suggested in your own situation.

This message was authored by Moira61 This message was authored by: Moira61

I did but, however I don't see it now. Perhaps that's disappeared too (like my email 🙁). I was also just commenting that my situation is similar to the original author on this one. Do you have any suggestions that might help?

If problem is the same as mine, and I think it is, when you log into sky.com account as you have shown and click on yahoo mail it takes you to the 'account suspended' message 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Moira61 wrote:

I did but, however I don't see it now. Perhaps that's disappeared too (like my email 🙁). I was also just commenting that my situation is similar to the original author on this one. Do you have any suggestions that might help?

Annoyingly I replied to your original post too....

Ge0ff1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ge0ff1 This message was authored by: Ge0ff1

So I have the recovery code which is fine and when I click the yahoo mail link on my sky account, I have to put my email, password and then authentication code. It then says yahoo have suspended the account and to contact sky. I've been told they're going to give me a call today after a manager has looked into it. I feel like this is something that yahoo have imposed on the account but they won't talk to me on the phone.

Ge0ff1
Topic Author

IMG_6263.jpeg

@Ge0ff1 , @Moira61 personally, I suspect this is going to require some communication between Sky and Yahoo to sort this out. That may take a short while.

If you haven't done so, I'd suggest raising a formal complaint,  on the basis that that might prompt them: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Ge0ff1
Topic Author

@Moira61  Just an update I've had from calling sky today. This appears to be a global problem that's affected a number of accounts, and a team heads been looking into a solution for the past few days as it affects a number of accounts. I'll update if we get a solution but thank you everyone that's helped!

@Ge0ff1 I also spoke to sky today, they are escalating to a team called IDManager and apparently will call back tomorrow (but they have said that before and haven't). They did initially say it was a Yahoo problem though. Didn't mention that it was a global issue. Will message on here if I get an update

@Ge0ff1 had you had an update or had access restored? I am having no luck. The advisor who had apparently escalated yesterday called me this afternoon to ask if I now had access. I haven't she said there was no update on my file, so basically no one has looked at it. She tried to email again, but her system won't let her. I feel absolutely powerless, no one is listening and no one cares. I need access to my correspondance . If any one can suggest anything please do. I will make a complaint, but I'm not convinced I will get a response. Thanks   

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Moira61 @Ge0ff1 

Assuming you are both getting the message shown earlier, just what URL is the webpage?

That should show if it's from Yahoo or Sky. (not that that knowledge will help cure it)

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Moira61 wrote:

If any one can suggest anything please do

Instead of trying to login to the Sky website to access your emails, have you tried using a app instead to see if that works for you ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@caesarome if I go in both via the yahoo app or by My Sky I end up directed immediately to sky.com with message below. Sky seem to be doing nothing. They did suggest I try to contact Yahoo but the original author seems to have tried that and I can't imagine Yahoo will listen to me. It appears to be an issue between the 2 companies. I need to access some sensitive messages relating to a death in the family and having to try to deal with this in top of that is incredibly  stressful 

D0E1B9FB-9180-4427-A313-16EE54D84F8F.png

Agreed - there's no point contacting Yahoo. They'll just point you back to Sky. I'm still convinced that Sky and Yahoo need to sort this out between themselves.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Moira61 wrote:

@caesarome if I go in both via the yahoo app or by My Sky

Both of those will use website access so try using something like the Outlook app.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion