Discussion topic: How do I restore my email if my mailbox is suspended?

This message was authored by Moira61 This message was authored by: Moira61

Re: How do I restore my email if my mailbox is suspended?

@caesarome Many thanks for the suggestion. I have tried to add the sky.com email to the outlook app, but it seems to direct me straight back to yahoo which in turn takes me to sky.com and account suspended. An endless cycle with no escape. 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Moira61 

If you use the  Outlook app, and don't select "not yahoo" (i.e. you say it's a Yahoo address) It should bring up the OAuth challenge from Yahoo.

If you can't pass that. it seems like it is Yahoo rejecting you, but as you have no  contract with Yahoo, it will be Sky who will have to resolve it..

Sky email suspended

I am getting a message from Sky saying by email is suspended by Yahoo and I should contact them to have it unlocked, each time I try log in. Doesn't matter which route I use to log in, message is the same. I am being passed around the houses, it's a week now. Have tried numerous resets and hours of frustrating phone calls. No success so far and I'm starting to lose hope. Sky doesn't seem to care or take its responsibility to protect my email correspondence seriously. There was another post last week about this. Wondering if it's a wide issue or if anyone can suggest anything. Thanks 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky email suspended

@Moira61   I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same issue for continuity.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky email suspended

@Moira61 judging by the relatively small number of posts here reporting this issue, I don't think it's widespread. 

I've only seen this recently and I suspect it's a new problem which may be why Sky apparently haven't established what's causing it, and therefore how to fix it. I'm afraid all you can do for the moment is to pursue it with Sky, perhaps by raising a complaint if you're not getting anwhere: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

I wanted to provide an update on my suspended email account which has been going on for 2 weeks. I have been calling daily, passed around countless departments, probably spending 15-20 hours in total on the phone. At each stage I'm being asked to change my password and told that it looks fine from their end. But whatever has been tried, when I log in I'm directed to the sky 'your account is suspended by yahoo, call sky to reactivate' message. About 5-6 days ago one of the technical team agreed that they would need to escalate to Yahoo for assistance. I was promised a call back after 3 days, then 4 then 6. None of these call backs happened and when I chased today I was told the call back had been pushed back to Thursday while they awaaited response from Yahoo. I insisted that I speak to someone who would be able to tell me what was going on. Eventually I was told by someone who had apparently checked with the 'Leader' team that there had been no escalation to yahoo, and that there would not be, because there was no problem with the sky platform. In Sky's view it was to do with Yahoo, so end of story as far as Sky is concerned. I pleaded for help, explainingt that I needed to access correspondance relating to my daughters death, offering that I sign a waiver to enable them to access my email so that they could replicate what was happening and investigate further. They refusesd. Ansolutely heartless. The complaint that I sent 10 days ago has had no response either. My remaining options are to try to persuade yahoo to intervene which is unlikely (I have aslread approached Yahoo via social media who are reluctant to help, as Sky has full access to the platform) or to hire a hacker to help me access my stuff (which is ulikley to suceed and probably illegal)   

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion