Discussion topic: broadband speed is low

This message was authored by alanbroadband This message was authored by: alanbroadband

broadband speed is low

hi

just had superfast broadband activated

says guaranteed download of 63mb

i ran speed check on speedtest.net

download speed 34.21

upload 0.40

any advice please

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: broadband speed is low

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alanbroadband   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

alanbroadband
Topic Author
This message was authored by alanbroadband This message was authored by: alanbroadband

hello

i signed in and had my sky hub status displayed

at the bottom there are 2 options

connection status 

show stats

if i click on either i get no response

if i right click and say open in new tab

i get 

about:blank#blocked

any advice please

alanbroadband
Topic Author

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time
WAN MER 506445 1225481 0 6044 6013 03:45:56
LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00
WLAN Up 1529666 796268 0 575693 23416 04:08:52

alanbroadband
Topic Author

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed (Kbps) 79994 455
Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:4.6 DS2:11.2 DS3:18.9 US0:11.7 US1:16.8 US2:45.2
Noise Margin (dB) DS1:8.0 DS2:7.9 DS3:7.9 US0:7.9 US1:0.0 US2:0.0

alanbroadband
Topic Author

hello 

any advice please

i posted the data but no one has responded

is there a direct link to skys support?

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@alanbroadband 

The router stats show you are likely testing throughput speed over a wireless connection, and you have lost 2 frequency bands (US1 & US2) with high attenuation on the upstream which looks like a fault either on the router itself or DSLAM. The upstream synchronisation rate should be 20Mbps but it is 455Kbps, the downstream synchronisation rate is good. 

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alanbroadband As @mae-3 says there is an issue with your upstream speeds which Sky does not guarantee but given the extremly low soeed I think it is worth talking to Sky to see if they can get it checked out. Your download is fine so any issues are within your home see 

Sky Help - Slow wifi

I have therefore escalated your post so expectvSky to be in touch to offer an online chat through the forum where a chat button should appear - it can be flaky with some browser but Chrome normally works.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion