Discussion topic: No internet and no help!

This message was authored by JRW92 This message was authored by: JRW92

No internet and no help!

Internet dropped this morning and having spent HOURS trying to get it back on - from the old 'switch it off and on again' method to following Sky's online process and even messaging with Sky Help (what a joke that is) on Twitter and making several calls to various helplines I was directed to - I still have no internet connection.

The earliest an engineer can come out is 7th July - a week and a half after the issue began. My fiancée and I both work from home - how are we supposed to do this without internet!? 

Sky have been no help! What happened to having to fix the problem in 5 days!?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No internet and no help!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JRW92 
Check the status here
https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/broadband

You could also try carrying out the broadband test. This can be done via the Sky app on mobile data or use this link
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

Unfortunately working from home isn't relevant. Sky broadband is a domestic service hence the fix time by Openreach (and that is working days).

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: No internet and no help!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JRW92 wrote:

What happened to having to fix the problem in 5 days!?

Openreach have a target time-to-fix specified as

Clear by 23:59 day after next, Monday to. Friday, excluding public and bank holidays

(i.e. two working days after an ISP report a fault to them)

and they meet this target about 85% of the time. 

There's no maximum limit because some repair procedures such as obtaining permissions and assembling resources for a complex highway excavation might take months.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion