Discussion topic: VPN set up on Broadband hub

This message was authored by Mika+Hakkinen This message was authored by: Mika+Hakkinen

Re: VPN set up on Broadband hub

Good morning!

I've been looking at that openreach map for a while, including as we were talking last night.

IMG_7442.png

This isn't the map I was expecting. I thought this was going to be the colour coded map that showed what years FFTP was being installed where.

Instead, this is then map just showing what speed broadband is in your area by Openreach & therefore BT by extension.

For the first few years my area was in the final/last years to be completed, but then Openreach changed their minds in the last couple of years & decided that my place was going to be be worked upon soon (in the next year or two)

I also checked my sister's property out (built in the early 90's) on the other side of town & she is 

eligible to receive FFTP, as are my parents who live right out in the sticks! Mine was built in 2008 & no FFTP here.

Are you eligible for FFTPS highest speeds? And do you know the map to which I am referring? It's a colour coded map of Britain where every area is divided up into 3 or 4 colours:

-Already FFTP being worked on

-Plans to begin/work in 'middle years' so about 2-4 years from now

- No plans to start/complete it by 2026 or 2028

Sky Q 2TB Ultra HD
Panasonic ‎TX-55LZ800B 4K OLED
Yamaha AV Receiver RX-V6A 7.2 surround sound
Sky VIP Diamond
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mika+Hakkinen 

Could you instead enter your full address below and post the table after removing the address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Confusing . Says not available yet but gives speeds

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Mika+Hakkinen This message was authored by: Mika+Hakkinen

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@Mika+Hakkinen 

I saved you some time

1000004035.jpg

I have a VPN running, so how did you get my stats for your screenshot above??

Just a question as I'm curious.👍

Sky Q 2TB Ultra HD
Sky VIP Diamond
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Mika+Hakkinen 

When you post an image it has to be moderated. Just at that time i was  the only superuser+ on the forum 👍

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

An I see.

it just looked like you took a screenshot of my screenshot as I could see some Android button logos on there, plus it was a lower resolution.

I half wondered if you'd somehow managed to log in & see them for me 😂

Sky Q 2TB Ultra HD
Sky VIP Diamond

@cookiemonsteruk 

Will it allow a short video to be uploaded, or do I have to take screenshots?

Thanks

Sky Q 2TB Ultra HD
Sky VIP Diamond

@Mika+Hakkinen 

No chance 👌 it went to a holding area to be moderated just before you linked it to this post

@Mika+Hakkinen 

Screenshot will be better as i can zoom in  to see it better

@Mika+Hakkinen 

Would be good to see the section above fttp on demand

Here you go @cookiemonsteruk 

Are pics always this low res, or am I just seeing a preview! It's essentially back to the VGA graphics card days with tiny writing, but crystal clear on my phone!

Hope this is what you were looking for?

IMG_7458.jpeg

Sky Q 2TB Ultra HD
Sky VIP Diamond

@Mika+Hakkinen 

@Mika+Hakkinen wrote:

Here you go @cookiemonsteruk 

Are pics always this low res, or am I just seeing a preview! It's essentially back to the VGA graphics card days with tiny writing, but crystal clear on my phone!

Hope this is what you were looking for?

IMG_7458.jpeg

The image is fine 

@Mika+Hakkinen 

Would be good to see the section above fttp on demand

This message was authored by Nerd123 This message was authored by: Nerd123

@cookiemonsteruk  @TimmyBGood  @jamesn123  Can anyone please help on this question ? I have the same model and am trying to setup NordVPN or ExpressVPN directly on my router. I am not sure if my sky router is compatible, can you please advise if I can use Either ExpressVPN or NordVPN on my sky router ? and if yes then what setting do i need to change on the router page ? 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Nerd123 short answer you cannot set up any VPN on a Sky hub. You would need to use a suitable third party router to have that ability.

Why do you think you need to use a VPN  in the first place? It is a sensible prtection when using a public WiFi network or while travelling but should not be necessary on a home connection.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Nerd123 This message was authored by: Nerd123

@Chrisee  I work from home and my connection is sooo slow inspite of having sky super fast broadband. I also want to protect my home from any malware and phising as have several devices connected. 

Anyway point being I have now purchased ASUS Wifi6 AX11000 to connect to my SR203 . I am not sure about compatibility, so checking, is it compatible and would I need a separate Modem too or would ASUS Wifi6 AX11000 suffice ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion