Discussion topic: Rubbish internet

This message was authored by Rachel.N This message was authored by: Rachel.N

Rubbish internet

We switched from BT to Sky broadband. We literally only use two mobiles phones and a laptop now and again and it freezes, is slow and we use our 4G more than the Wi-Fi! 
move tried the tips page to improve speed but nothing works. My worry is we are stuck in the contract for 18 months and if we upgrade, we'll start a new contract. I wish we'd stuck with BT! 
Any  tips? Are we totally stuck as in SKY won't help with upgrading without entering into a new contract or tips for better speed? We don't do any streaming etc so it's so frustrating. 
we have the basic sky internet package as we don't have lots of devices.

Thanks 😊 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Rubbish internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rachel.NAre you still within your cooling off period with Sky?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Rachel.N wrote:

we have the basic sky internet package as we don't have lots of devices.

If that's ADSL, there's not a lot of leeway on that technology for line faults.

If you post your Hub stats, we'll have some information about your particular phone line and internet connection to work with.

Note that it's speed arriving at the Hub which counts against the minimum speed guarantee, not speed test website results on a wireless device.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Rachel.N
Topic Author

No. Contract is up in a year!!! We've persevered since August but it's awful.

I don't really want to start a new contract with sky. We live in a new home and it came with BT and it was amazing. Just thought we'd save a bit per month but wish I'd never switched 😔 

Rachel.N
Topic Author

RachelN_0-1677516937395.png

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Rachel.N  What speed are you supposed to be on? Which broadband package do you have from Sky?

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Rachel.N

I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
Rachel.N
Topic Author

It's the Superfast broadband which is definitely not super fast at the moment. I've had to use my 4G to access the internet on my phone tonight and I'm the only one using it 😔 

@Rachel.NDid you answer the invite to the private chat from Sky from @Tom-W19 ?

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you Rachel.N. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Rachel.N
Topic Author

I would still like help please 

@Rachel.N I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat. This will now be in the morning.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Rachel.N.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Rachel.N

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Splatificated This message was authored by: Splatificated

My broadband is also rubbish and not ever what Sky claim.. when I try speed tests on everything else but the sky own test it confirms it's useless. Keeps dropping off and I think they keep reducing the speed. Can't wait to change to BT, everyone I know who has BY has fast and reliable internet. Can't stream tv very often with sky it's so frustrating, avoid buying it!!! Not worth the hassle!!!!!!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion