Discussion topic: Rubbish internet

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Rubbish internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Splatificated couple of points for you to consider 

First BT and Sky use exactly the same line to the exchange so if you have a bad line the issue moves with you. Secondly Sky like BT guarantee speeds to the hub which is what the Sky test reports while speedtests run on devices record the slowest part of the connection which is in your case likely to be the with Wifi connection in your home.

A BT hub msy have marginally better wifi than a Sky hub but both signals are affected by the layout, type of construction and the amount of interference in  your home in the same way. It should be possible to improve your current speeds if you want this is a good place to start Sky Help - Slow wifi

If you think there is a line fault post your hubs stats see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Splatificated This message was authored by: Splatificated

The Sky speed tests are only on sky's own software.  Try it on any other software or internet speed test and it differs wildly.  Therfore I do not trust the sky speed tester, from my own experiments whien I experience very slow internet or problems and speed tests is confirms that this is the issue, when I test on sky it says its fine,  Therfoe the Sky Internet Guarantee is wirthless and fairly pointless.  People I know with BT do not have the same experiences which is why I feel I have been mis-sold internetand misled about the guarantee.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Splatificated wrote:

The Sky speed tests are only on sky's own software.  Try it on any other software or internet speed test and it differs wildly.  Therfore I do not trust the sky speed tester, from my own experiments whien I experience very slow internet or problems and speed tests is confirms that this is the issue, when I test on sky it says its fine,  Therfoe the Sky Internet Guarantee is wirthless and fairly pointless.  People I know with BT do not have the same experiences which is why I feel I have been mis-sold internetand misled about the guarantee.

@Splatificated can you post your router stats and then confirm that the minimum guaranteed speed is.

The speed that your router reports is what Sky, BT or any other provider on the openreach network will go by .

Your router stats will show the current speed to your router and will also show if there are line faults 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by markdarlo This message was authored by: markdarlo

1000009544.jpg

 had this when we did a check but keep getting told there's not an issue when we contact Sky. Slow speeds on every device and trying to stream TV or a movie is a joke. Blurry pictures we lose connection. Router drops signal regularly. Garbage product. Can't wait to leave

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@markdarlo for the forum to be able to help please post your hub's connection stats see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by merrick2 This message was authored by: merrick2

Agree with everything rachel says. No tel phone number to speak to a human about the rubbish service. Everything is unsatisfactory about our broadband, tv freezes, buffering rubbish. Who do you complain too , a forum that is suffering the same issues. The only person you talk to is the person who wants to sell you the contract!. Then your on your own with "The forum". The old package was better than this.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion