Discussion topic: Router saying incorrect password when it’s right

This message was authored by starlataylor This message was authored by: starlataylor

Re: Router saying incorrect password when it’s right

This no longer works sky say hold reset for minimum of 20 seconds I did that I still get incorrect password either the router is faulty or someone has changed the password without consent likely the same for others too sky don't bother checking if people have permission to make changes to accounts  from my experience if you say you're a carer  they just allow it and it's disgusting soon as my contract ends I'll be leaving sky 

This message was authored by elwyn+.w This message was authored by: elwyn+.w

i have the same problem

This message was authored by Jaso46 This message was authored by: Jaso46

Same problem here, no fix offered by sky

This message was authored by GuybrushThreepw This message was authored by: GuybrushThreepw

@Jaso46 wrote:

Same problem here, no fix offered by sky

@Jaso46 

Have you held the reset pin for 20-30 seconds?

Yes tried that at least 5 times now. Including off at the wall aswell- it still will not connect to any devices (including sky Q tv). However all green lights on the router and line check ok.

internet (wireless or Ethernet) is dropping out and reconnecting now every minute or so. Still get the incorrect password occasionally. Sky admit there is something going wrong and have arranged an open reach engineer to visit by today (7th Jan). I called today to double check and they said it was unlikely before 12th Jan. utterly crap service from sky as usual, if I hadn't called would they of let me know- doubt it! Not acceptable for how much we pay - we will be moving server.

This message was authored by NiCkDee24 This message was authored by: NiCkDee24

Hi. It could be an issue with case sensitivity. The default password it resets to can be found on the back or bottom of the router. Try to use capitals where it is as it is very case sensitive. 

Nick

Sadly not that simple, it's nothing to do with the password itself as this has never been changed from the default, and has been reset several times. Plus it logs on sometimes and others not. Sky have recognised there is a fault, but are just ridiculously slow and laid back about getting it looked at.

This message was authored by Isabell+Dunne This message was authored by: Isabell+Dunne

Hi my personal  phone is connected to WiFi but it won't connect to my new phone or work phone, I've reset and nothing is working. 

This message was authored by clay0001 This message was authored by: clay0001

Yes pressing reset for  twenty seconds then dissconnecting  from the mains solved this for me too

Finally resolved for me by replacing the router.

This message was authored by Bd1993 This message was authored by: Bd1993

I’m also having the same problem. I reset my router back to factory settings and now the password is not working - I've even connected to the router via cable and changed the password manually too. 

Any ideas?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bd1993 there is an issue where if you use Safari changes to the hub interface they do not save. If that could be the issue try Chrome which seems more reliable.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by thedivvy This message was authored by: thedivvy

Brand new router out of the box, connection started today but as so many others I cannot get wifi to connect.

1. I am DEFINITELY typing the password in correctly (as so many others)

2. I have rebooted numerous times (as so many others)

3. I have used reset button, yes light went from red to green (as so many others)

4. I have used hard wire connection to laptop and can access 192.168.0.1 entry screen but that rejects password so cannot change any hub settings (as so many others)

5. I notice posts about this start around 2021, yet people are clearly having all sorts of log in problems related to password rejection.

6. I have the Broadband hub.

7. I am an electronics engineer with considerable experience in these matters.

8. I signed up with Sky because I wanted good service (previusly made the mistake of using TalkTalk 😱) epic fail at the 1st hurdle

This message was authored by thedivvy This message was authored by: thedivvy

Just spent 37 minutes waiting and talking to Sky, not a good start for a brand new customer.

They can't help, can't even provide sign on details so I can use my 3rd party router, I have to wait for a brand new router.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion