Discussion topic: Router restarting

This message was authored by Poppy1973 This message was authored by: Poppy1973

Router restarting

Hi my router is restarting lots . Never had an issue before but its getting annoying Looked at settings etc and all seems fine but every other day it drops ans reboots . Any help greatly appreciated and its the black upright one .

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Router restarting

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Poppy1973 assuming there isn't an issue with the connection of the hub to mains  power if your hub is resatrting on its own it implies that the unit maybe faulty. When the hub reboots the leds go out and return over a period of 5 minutes. If it is a line issue only the internet connection light is affected. 

Monitor the hub but if either issue continues give Sky a call to get it sorted.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Poppy1973 

Could you post your router statistics

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@Poppy1973 assuming there isn't an issue with the connection of the hub to mains  power if your hub is resatrting on its own it implies that the unit maybe faulty. When the hub reboots the leds go out and return over a period of 5 minutes. If it is a line issue only the internet connection light is affected. 

Monitor the hub but if either issue continues give Sky a call to get it sorted.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Poppy1973
Topic Author
This message was authored by Poppy1973 This message was authored by: Poppy1973

Thank you ,  I had a feeling it was going faulty 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion