Discussion topic: Internet keeps cutting out

This message was authored by Zara18 This message was authored by: Zara18

Internet keeps cutting out

Internet connection keeps dropping. I'm back at work tomorrow and work from home so it's vital that this is working. It's been doing this every few months. I dont even use WiFi on my phone at home as it's shocking!

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Internet keeps cutting out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zara18 Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zara18 wrote:
Internet connection keeps dropping. I'm back at work tomorrow and work from home so it's vital that this is working. It's been doing this every few months. I dont even use WiFi on my phone at home as it's shocking!

@Zara18 If you post your stats as mentioned then this will indicate if it's a line fault or simply local wifi. Sounds to me like it's the WiFi rather than a fault with the actual broadband connection.

Also to clarify...working from home has no bearing on anything. Sky and many other ISP's are giving you a domestic service, which has fairly pathetic SLA's (service level agreements), which won't make you a priority over anyone else. Of course there is nothing that says you shouldn't use it for work either.

If it is a line fault the standard target is 2 working days to fix from when the fault is logged with Sky. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **
This message was authored by toomster This message was authored by: toomster

My connection keeps dropping today in south wales. 

This message was authored by HolmesyBoyUK This message was authored by: HolmesyBoyUK

Not sure if you mananged to get this sorted but I have been having the same problem - I spoke to Sky Broadband Support earlier this week and they told me to log onto http://192.168.0.1/ and then change my desired WIFI channel from Auto (to any of the other channels). He said that having it on Auto often causes the fault. 

It's been fine since. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion