Discussion topic: Internet keeps cutting out on a regular basis

This message was authored by Phillipc1 This message was authored by: Phillipc1

Internet keeps cutting out on a regular basis

Hi we are a new sky broadband customer and out Internet keeps cutting  out it's the 3rd time this has happened we had sky in the past and we cancelled it for this exact reason if it keeps happening I will  cancel sky I'm paying £40 a month I would like to think I'm getting value for what I'm paying can you please look into this issue thank you from Mr Collins.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Internet keeps cutting out on a regular basis

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Phillipc1  You're not talking to Sky Customer services, threats to cancel won't get you anywhere on the forum as we are mainly customers here.

Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Tan4 This message was authored by: Tan4

Same issue, wait ages on phone to have the adviser cut it off. I understand your frustration, no customer service and (removed) service that don't work? Remind me why we are with such a 

(removed) company. (removed) Hate wasting so much time with fools!! 

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

Phillipc1
Topic Author

(removed) if it continues I'll go back to talk talk at least that Internet didn't cut out 

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Tan4 if you end up talking to the sky employees when you get them on the phone like that i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want to help you at all. No one is forcing you to remain a customer of Sky, you can freely choose other TV and broadband providers.

When it comes to broadband not working dont forget that Sky utilise the Openreach network to provide the service so its possible any issues you are suffering are related to local openreach network issues as opposed to sky. When you have broadband outages we need to report them to sky, as they can run tests on the line and if necessary engage OpenReach to investigate a fault. You can also check your known outages or issues in your area here: https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Phillipc1
Topic Author

Well goldsmith when your paying good money then you expect good service it's that simple!!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

I'd say there is a different between good money and premium.

If you are paying essentially the base rate for a standard service (which are around the same prices most ISPs charge unless you get a new customer deal) then you get the standard service offering that all customers get. If you pay for the more premium packages and add-ons thats when you can start to argue you should get a more premium experience.

NOT a Sky Employee

Phillipc1
Topic Author

I've ordered everything from Netflix,  movies, all the TV shows that you could possibly get with this package deal I just wasn't expecting the Internet to cut out several times a day for a few minutes now I can understand if it's updating or some technical issues it's bound to happen  but when I was on talk talk it never happened once not once. I wasn't disrespectful to the customer service man I know it wasn't his fault I'm just pointing out that I've had bad service from sky before and when the guy said sky is now better than it was I rekon fair enough I'll give it another try and see how it turns out. 

In all fairness the sky customer support has got bad since the Comcast takeover.

Prior to 2018/9 the customer services was all exceptional based on my experiences and now they have switched to what i deem to be the standard usual customer services that most companies provide. Which is never particularly great.

I think its worse for Sky for their reputation as they used to have such a good customer services, its was always ranked highly on various polls they were conducted, but now its fallen to the typical standard it seems worse because its fallen quite badly.

Obviously there change to streaming services wouldn't have help as its new technology which will likely have issues, and new customers some of which may need additional help to understand how the technology works. However any decent company should have been able to predict that this may cause an increase in calls and put plans in place to address that.

NOT a Sky Employee

Phillipc1
Topic Author

If I'm paying Good money and not getting the quality service I've paid for my hard working money then I have every right to cancel if I wish and for the record I haven't threatened no customer service representative at all !!!

Phillipc1
Topic Author

I've had talk talk for over 2 years, and not once has the interenet gone down so explain that !!

This message was authored by Tan4 This message was authored by: Tan4

Reply to Mark- I am fully aware that I can move to other providers, also due to life I also am very busy and don't expect such shocking service from a company I pay money to in EXCHANGE for services, if said services are not working as expected surely this is not my fault and the contract I have with Sky is broken. Anyway I have found time and rung Sky to cancel, as you pointed out voting with my feet is the simplest option however incredibly Sky have managed to fix it after about an hour performing tests, it hasn't dropped out since then. Obviously Sky are aware of the problem and what's more know how to fix it, it's just a shame they like wasting customers time with the service they provide!! 

Phillipc1
Topic Author

Well are wasters customers time and money because I'm trying g to currently watch a movie with the wife abdcthe say Internet keeps cutting off this Is the 4th day now it's absolutely ridiculous I'm going to cancel and go back to talk talk !!!

Phillipc1
Topic Author

Don't be fooled when you go out shopping and you get coned into getting sky from theses guys who try and sell it to you day NO they get commission when they try and sell it so just say NO !!!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Phillipc1 if you would like the forum to help with sorting the issue rather than ranting do as @GD1 suggested and post your hub stats. Normally the type of issue you have has a simple cause which if corrected gives you a good service which you are paying for and most Sky customers get.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion