Discussion topic: Broadband issues

This message was authored by Sean1991 This message was authored by: Sean1991

Broadband issues

Hi wondering if anyone could help me, I started experiencing WiFi issues in December to which I phoned sky and they put it down to a router and sent me a new one. Everything was fine up until a few weeks ago where again I was getting the same issues as previously. I again phone sky to which they said they would send an engineer out and they sent a sky q engineer out so was no help to be honest. Phone up again last week told them the issue again an said you sent wrong person an said they would send a broadband engineer out within a 24hrs hours, no one turned up so have been phoning for a follow up as to when they would be coming and just get the same answers. Until I phoned up today and they told me to get an engineer out I would have to upgrade my broadband with boost for an extra £5  a month and they would be able to send someone out to me. Could someone help me as where I stand and if I had to have the extra boost subscription? Thank you

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Broadband issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Sean1991 

You 100% do not need to pay the boost subscription to have an engineer come out thats disgusting tactics from the agent you spoke to.

Please post your router stats and the forum can take a look.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Sean1991
Topic Author

Thank you for you're reply, my network just keeps dropping from the WiFi constantly and I have a multi room aswel, all I get everytime I phone sky is switch off the router and everything else an turn them back on after a couple minutes but thats only I short term solution to a long and annoying problem I seem to have. They told me yesterday on the phone that someone would be out Monday 25th but now its saying the 28th on the MySky app. So would I be right in phoning back up about this boost they have told me to add? Just seem to get no where on the phone, like robots all just say th same thing.

@Sean1991 

I would cancel it if you have added it as you first need to estabish whether it is actually required. Boost is only useful when you need Sky boosters which to me it sounds like that not be your issue.

If you post your router stats we can have a look

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717/jump...

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Sean1991
Topic Author

Router Statistics

System Up Time: 22:06:43

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time

WAN WANoE 8915484 18343875 0 38973 25678 22:04:46

LAN Up 13347731 7902139 0 6636 22829 22:06:43

WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 439608 84431 0 8306 0 22:04:54

WLAN (5 GHz) Up 12610458 2737506 0 0 61679 22:04:53

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream

Connection Speed 79900 kbps 20000 kbps

Poll Interval:

Seconds (at least 3s): 

@Sean1991 

Your stats dont really suggest much of an issue. 

Have you tried factory resetting the router rather than just rebooting it?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Sean1991
Topic Author

Yes have tried literally everything possible, I'm just hoping when they finally come out that they can sort whatever it is, is the problem.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion