Discussion topic: BROADBAND AND TV ISSUE

This message was authored by Jessjaynex This message was authored by: Jessjaynex

BROADBAND AND TV ISSUE

I have been having issues with my broadband since I've had it. We are guaranteed a speed of up to 33 but infortunately our speed have ranged from 4-9. I called on Sunday to report this and was told if there was no improvements after the engineer came out to visit today that I would be entitled to a reduced bill due to me not being able to fully use the services you promise to provide. Along with this, I am also a sky glass customer and as you should be aware that this tv solely runs from WiFi - so not only am I not able to use any devices with an appropriate speed but I am also unable to use my sky glass tv to watch anything live - I pay a lot of money for my sky package and WiFi and believe that I should be entitled to a reduction in this months bill. 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: BROADBAND AND TV ISSUE

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jessjaynex 

Are you running the speedtests over WiFi or ethernet? Note that the speedtest is only valid against your minimum guarantee if its run over ethernet.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Jessjaynex 

33Mbs arriving at the address is almost certainly going to be inadequate for Glass once other household use is accommodated.

Note that a bill reduction probably shouldn't have been promised: I'm not aware that Sky actually has a mechanism for that.  Typically if the Guaranteed Minimum Download Speed isn't met, the subscriber is offered the option to cease the broadband contract without penalty even within a minimum term.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@TimmyBGood 

I agree, Sky should not be selling people Glass if their guaranteed broadband speed is only 33mbps.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by MH69 This message was authored by: MH69

I need to pay my broadband bill today bit I normally phone up and pay.it but I can't because my phone has been turned off and my broadband is not linked to my sky streaming so I would like someome to call me and talk about it 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion