Discussion topic: Virgin internet connection problem

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by techman9 This message was authored by: techman9

Re: Virgin internet connection problem

@SlenderRobert wrote:

Wouldn't it be funny if Sky had suddenly decided, in a fit of rage, to prevent Virgin Media broadband being used with Glass & Stream? Or maybe it's vice versa and Virgin are preventing their own network from accessing a rival company's streaming service...
Virgin Media only allow their own Virgin Stream system to be used with Virgin broadband... so it's not beyond the realms of possibility! 

Yep to make it function correctly, BT do the same, unlike sky.

This message was authored by Bgb123 This message was authored by: Bgb123

It would be great to connect via Ethernet if the tv wasn't on opposite wall and the puck upstairs ha!  

This message was authored by techman9 This message was authored by: techman9

@Jayboy1990 wrote:

I am with Virgin and when connected by Ethernet Iv got no isssues. 

If possible use an Ethernet to see if this eliminates the issue. 

hardly think an outage requires customers to do something the possibly cannot or don't want to do.

Ethernet also throws same issue. Connected but can't connect to internet...

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm just stating that it isn't affecting all VM customers. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by lookb4uleap This message was authored by: lookb4uleap

Same issue here this morning. Superhub 5 in modem mode feeding a USG3 and TP-Link EAP653. Only mentioning the kit to show its not Virgin wifi that is the issue, it must be a peering/routing issue. I don't use Virgin DNS servers either but still having the issue of Sky Glass connected to WiFi but no Internet. Luckily I'm not using the glass for TV, but I prefer it for Netflix etc. I do regret ever getting the glass but it is what it is.

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for all the replies letting us know you're having a problem with Virgin Media broadband on your Glass and Stream, we've sent this on to be looked at and will follow with an update ASAP 😊

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Oh, my tv finally decided to connect..

This message was authored by Phil+Glendenning This message was authored by: Phil+Glendenning

My service has been resumed.

I called Sky this morning and they initially indicated there was no problem, but when I was on the phone with Virgin Media, I received a call back from Sky Tech Support (Lisa) telling me of the problem. Lisa, thank you for making the call and leaving a voicemail.

And, Virgin Media, if you're reading this, get your act together and stop treating people like idiots when they call you.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Phil+Glendenning  Mine has returned also, ref VM I doubt they would be accessing the Sky customer forum, it may be best posting in their own forum which they do monitor.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

THis issue has been confirmed as resolved.

I'm closing this thread, so that it's easier for the community to see if there's a problem in the future.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion