Discussion topic: There was an router update through the night which has slowed my internet down to less than 1 mbs

This message was authored by Saintjimmy1999 This message was authored by: Saintjimmy1999

There was an router update through the night which has slowed my internet down to less than 1 mbs

There was an update to my router last night and now my internet is running at less than 1 mbs. When I called sky I was told I would need to buy a new router, I wasn't notified about this so why should I be out of pocket for something that was out of my control.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: There was an router update through the night which has slowed my internet down to less than 1 mb

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Saintjimmy1999 

Can you post your router stats 

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: There was an router update through the night which has slowed my internet down to less than 1 mb

@Saintjimmy1999 wrote:

When I called sky I was told I would need to buy a new router

That's clearly not the case, but it's unlikely a Hub update would cause a drop in speed anyway.  Could you confirm which model you are using?

Hubs.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Saintjimmy1999
Topic Author
This message was authored by Saintjimmy1999 This message was authored by: Saintjimmy1999

The hub3 that lays down flat.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Saintjimmy1999 

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Saintjimmy1999
Topic Author

89D83DC9-7FAC-4172-A194-06876402AB5E.png

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Saintjimmy1999 

Not that page: you need the one produced by clicking 'Show Statistics'

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Saintjimmy1999
Topic Author

I don't seem to be able to find this page as I am using my mobile it won't let me move on from this it shows error 401 page

@Saintjimmy1999 

Click maintenance at top of page and go down and click show statistics

Saintjimmy1999
Topic Author

I can't get past the main menu as it shows error message.

@Saintjimmy1999 

You will need to sign in 

Username admin

Password sky

Saintjimmy1999
Topic Author

Thank you I think I've found it

D190CFF4-F3D9-484D-88F6-CCE0C361E3D9.png

@Saintjimmy1999 

At the bottom click "show statistics" and post

This message was authored by Amanda+sim This message was authored by: Amanda+sim

I've had the same issues today my internet not working and when it does work it's super slow (lagging) I even have message on my tv that says I've no connection or poor connection I'm a sky q customer 

@Saintjimmy1999 

Although you are showing a very healthy 79.9 Mbps so the router is not the issue

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion