Discussion topic: New SR203 firmware 5.14.2390.R

This message was authored by deltaxray This message was authored by: deltaxray

New SR203 firmware 5.14.2390.R

My router updated overnight and is now 5.14.2390.R - seems to have skipped the most recent firmware posted about recently.

Any idea what's new?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: New SR203 firmware 5.14.2390.R

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All we have been told for this release is;

includes some backend changes

So expect nothing noticeable to a sky customer upfront. 

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007

I love the obscurity of it all...simply "backend changes"...it would be like iOS updates coming out with no release notes and it just says "bug fixes".....fixes for what 😂

Sorry i'm just too intrugued by the technical side😬

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **
This message was authored by TonyCl This message was authored by: TonyCl

I too got the 2390 update last night. Nothing obviously changed.

The issue with trying to save changes for me still results in the "connection dropped by server" message, so this does NOT appear to have been fixed (safari on MacBook Pro trying to clear the sysloglog etc). Shocking that such a fundamental flaw exists in the first place, let alone that it still hasn't been fixed.

Time will tell if this update has fixed the syslog hanging after a few days...

Regards Tony.
SR203 sky router (ultrafast FTTP), 2TB Q box + 4 x mini, 4 apple airport express APs, all connected with network of 5 tp-link powerline adapters
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@JPR007 wrote:

I love the obscurity of it all...simply "backend changes"...it would be like iOS updates coming out with no release notes and it just says "bug fixes".....fixes for what 😂

Sorry i'm just too intrugued by the technical side😬

We are just as in the dark as you are when it comes to knowing the changes with the new firmware for the Sky routers and boosters.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@TonyCl wrote:

Time will tell if this update has fixed the syslog hanging after a few days...

We have been told.

The recent syslog problem is not fixed in this release, but will be in a future update

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by TomThumb5ive This message was authored by: TomThumb5ive

The compatibility issues between  iOS & my SR203  date back to February, so  Sky aren't exactly rushing to fix things.

Tom...

Sky want us to believe in better
BELIEVE =accept that (something) is true, especially without proof.
BETTER = of a higher standard, or more suitable, pleasing, or effective than other things or people:

Sky Q & 2 mini’s
SR203 router. > Replaced with ASUS XT9’s with a TP-Link TD-W9970 modem
Sky superfast 80/20 :sort of, 63-75/15. Devolo 1200 wifi > Replaced with cat 6
Sony KDAF8 65 oled.

@Highlinder wrote:

@JPR007 wrote:

I love the obscurity of it all...simply "backend changes"...

We are just as in the dark as you are when it comes to knowing the changes with the new firmware for the Sky routers and boosters.

Someone somewhere must know, those little clever technical Minions (or is it Stuart on his own🤣) at Sky must be writing something🤓

It would be in Sky's interest surely to share at least a few basic bits with knowledgable users. People generally get that things go wrong, at least if they acknowledge faults, then say yes firmware xxx fixes this, there wouldn't be so many frustrated users...that's my thinking anyway, but i know Sky's is couldn't give a monkeys😂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@JPR007 you might think so but Sky consider their hubs are black boxes and therefore decline to give any details which is frustrating if you are trying to support their customers. What we do get told is drip fed through unofficial channels.

Always been like that and I have given up trying to get it changed. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by THX1138 This message was authored by: THX1138

Oh, how different it used to be before Sky took over BeUnlimited. What a better world it would be now if BeUnlimited instead took over Sky broadband rather than the other way round.

Might be time to look into GigaClear as they have just started advertising in my area… Anyone have any experiance with them?

Geez, this freezing syslog is chapping my a*se.

This message was authored by THX1138 This message was authored by: THX1138

What’s even more frustrating is that I have the FA-1 (FLAG Atlantic 1) transatlantic submarine cable land section - that links the US, the UK and France, running down the footpath in front of my house!

Imaging being able to tap into that baby – speeeeeeeeed…………

@THX1138 Tap into that badboy and you'll be sorted for life🤣

You can bet your bottom dollar that will be a higher priority than Openreach can comprehend exists🤣

This message was authored by TonyCl This message was authored by: TonyCl

@Mark-Br 

Not sure whether this is a new bug, but since the fix for lack of login challenges, I'm now. having to enter the username and password twice, pretty much happens every time I check the router. At first I thought it was finger trouble, but carefully checking each character of the username and password has shown this to be a real bug, where the router ignores the first attempt to login, and prompts for the credentials a second time. On a number of occasions it has taken 3 attempts to get it to login. Happens on both my MacBook and iPad air.

The most serious bug remains the loss of connection error when trying to save changes on the router, followed by the freezing of the syslog report, both of which seem to affect a lot of users judging by the comments on the forum.

Regards Tony.
SR203 sky router (ultrafast FTTP), 2TB Q box + 4 x mini, 4 apple airport express APs, all connected with network of 5 tp-link powerline adapters
This message was authored by Mark-Br This message was authored by: Mark-Br

Thanks for sharing @TonyCl

I expect the syslog issue to be fixed in a future release - I'll try (but can't promise) to get dates/timescales once they're confirmed, but this is usually pretty close to the actual rollout.

Reset after making changes - I saw ~3 people describing this was still happening, those examples were passed on at the time.

Double login: tbh, this is the first time I've seen this in the community. I've passed it on, but if anyone else has experienced it, it'd be good to know and get confirmation on the device(s)/browser(s) you've tried 🙂

Mark
Community Manager

This message was authored by TomThumb5ive This message was authored by: TomThumb5ive

@Mark-Br  I can confirm @TonyCl 's findings re: the router double login as experienced on my IPad introduced with firmware 5.14.2385.R 

But I had the 2390R drop last night & over a very short testing period, the double login bug is not apparent every time, 

Even after logging out of the router 

It appears to be  the timeframe of "Administrator login times out after idle for ??mins:"  has to be passed to trigger the double login again.

Logging in again within the 5min default, requires a single login.

Edit: My bad:

Forgot to mention the issue of not being able to apply any changes to the router from iOS is still ongoing with 2390.R.

SR203 / 5.14.2390.R.    iPad Air 4 / iPadOS 14.7.1

Tom...

Sky want us to believe in better
BELIEVE =accept that (something) is true, especially without proof.
BETTER = of a higher standard, or more suitable, pleasing, or effective than other things or people:

Sky Q & 2 mini’s
SR203 router. > Replaced with ASUS XT9’s with a TP-Link TD-W9970 modem
Sky superfast 80/20 :sort of, 63-75/15. Devolo 1200 wifi > Replaced with cat 6
Sony KDAF8 65 oled.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion