Discussion topic: There was an router update through the night which has slowed my internet down to less than 1 mbs

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Martin+P+86 This message was authored by: Martin+P+86

Re: There was an router update through the night which has slowed my internet down to less than 1 mb

Bit of a update from NG19 area, got home yesterday and checked speed, still 1mbps after checking sky app earlier that day to be told "no issues" in my area. (dont know if your familiar with Mansfield but theres alot of "issues" in this area lol)

Decided to unplug router for a good hour or so... checked speed again after reconnecting and got 33mbps (should be getting 77mbps according to my guarantee)

Checked my sky app connection test and now says known issue on broadband and sky talk.

Had a message saying someone is going to call me this evening to discuss going forward so ill report back.

Xbox one X * Samsung Ue55mu9000 UHD 4k Hdr 10bit * Samsung HWQ90R Soundbar * Samsung UBD-M9500 * Phillips Hue Sync * Netflix * Amazon Prime * Sky fibre unlimited * Sony XZ Premium
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: There was an router update through the night which has slowed my internet down to less than 1 mb

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Martin+P+86 just because Sky's status page and apps do not report a fault that does not mean there isn't a network issue which in this case looks highly likely at a guess a main network line has failed and users have been switched to a back up with very limited throughput while repairs are made. 

Depending on the location and cause of the fault it can take a while to fix. Fibre lines tend to follow roads so are vulnerable to roadwork crews damaging the cables while digging holes. Repairing these faults are sometimes not easy and finding the fault can be complex especially if whoever does the damage does not report it.

Lines can be owned by multiple companies some belong to Openreach, some to major outfits like BT Wholesale or Virgin Media and some Sky own themselves so the repair is likely to be handled by third party engineers. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Hardwire This message was authored by: Hardwire

I have noticed slow connection recently, finally bothered to investigate.  I am ethernet only in the house and getting 5mb via powerline adaptors, 20mb direct from the router (ER115).  I turned on wifi and I get 58MB via wifi.  So I can only assume a firmware update and throttled the ethernet ports. 

Wiating for sky to call me back so I can give them my findings.  Hoping they will give me an earlier firmware to downgrade to and test.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion