Discussion topic: Stream remote completely unresponsive

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Jjesso This message was authored by: Jjesso

Re: Stream remote completely unresponsive

Just received my replacement remote in 3 days bearing I requested it at 6. It connected really easy all had hold 1 and 3 and it was connected controls Volume turns tv on off glad finally caved in asked replacement.

This message was authored by Legendrockplot This message was authored by: Legendrockplot

Just received my new sky puck was excited never owned sky before plugged it in nothing happened left it come back to a setup screen great....asks me to enter my WiFi password and that's as far as I can get it's slow and won't allow me to type nothing the remote has completely frozen I am now wondering if I had made the wrong choice 

This message was authored by Sky+stream+remote This message was authored by: Sky+stream+remote

I've had the same problem, sky stream remote just stops working. Doesn't light up and just stops working. And then just starts again a few hours later. Very frustrating 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Sky+stream+remote 

Sky have been having problems with faulty remotes for some time and consequently there are a number of threads on this forum on the subject.  To save you having to trawl through them the following might help resolve the issue:

You could try the method  given as the "Answer" to the tread at "Sky Glass faulty remote"?

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream/Sky-Glass-Remote-Fault/m-p/4176949#M74036 

Another  fix that has worked for many community members is to hold the remote at both ends and twist as though you were wringing out a cloth (it worked for me)

These methods may or may not resolve your problem but they are certainly worth trying.

I would also phone Sky and ask for a replacement remote.  Whilst waiting for it to arrive, if you have one available,  you can use a Sky Q remote with Glass/Stream.

Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by iGeoffers This message was authored by: iGeoffers

Ask for revised model of remote

i had two remotes fail after a couple of weeks each. I contacted Sky Support on Twitter. 

First assistant said about going through stuff with her to fix it when home. Thankfully, by the time I got home, another assistant came online. 

She said straight away they were aware of issues with some remotes and asked me to check and see if there was a white dot under the batteries. 

When I said no, she said that's all she needed to know. Then went on to say they now had a new, revised model of remote and organised sending one out to me. 

Since that's arrived, no problems at all and it's way more responsive

Photos attached of new model number - new model also has 4-1 by batteries

Hope this helps, just ask for the revised model

PXL_20230110_204605774~3.jpg

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@iGeoffers Good news that there is a new batch of remotes.

Do you know the significance of the white dot?  If your old remote didn't have one does the new model?

@Fothergill1 Strangely, mine doesn't have the white dot, just the different number and that 4-1 on top of battery compartment.

I wonder if ones with white dot are ones they discovered to be ok out of a bad batch before also releasing this revised model maybe?

Thanks for the reply @iGeoffers .  My remote works fine but I did have to twist it after I dropped it and it stopped working a few weeks ago.  My only problem is the batteries only last between 3-4 weeks.  Now they have some new model remotes I will probably ask for a replacement.

This message was authored by Carnoch04 This message was authored by: Carnoch04

@Fothergill1 Do the batteries actually stop working? I have had Stream since 4th October and I have had the "change batteries" message a few time but I have just ignored it and I am still on the first set of batteries. That is with regular daily use. 

@Carnoch04 I'm not sure. My remotes kept coming up with the warning but every time I put new batteries in, it made no difference at all to make the remote work. 

@Carnoch04 and @iGeoffers 

Apparently the low battery warning is known to be inaccurate which Sky hope to resolve in a future update 🤞.

I have tried ignoring the warning but the batteries only lasted another 2 days before they were completely flat. I've had Glass since July and have replaced the batteries about 10 times.  I'm not overly concerned as I purchased 40 Amazon basics batteries from Amazon for about £7 (18 + months supply 😀). As there is a new batch of remotes available from Sky I will probably request a replacement

This message was authored by Sky+stream+remote This message was authored by: Sky+stream+remote

I also kept getting a low battery warning, but according to my battery checker they are perfectly fine 

This message was authored by cheesyboy7 This message was authored by: cheesyboy7

Just received my new stream remote, it is an updated model number so fingers crossed it works for more than a day. 

I will check in here either when it breaks or in a weeks time to see if it is still going strong, fingers crossed.

This message was authored by Orac This message was authored by: Orac

First of all everyone check your Duracell Batteries, one of mine swelled and leaked onto the circuit board rendering it useless, I had to take the Sky remote apart, cleaned the circuit board with WD40 and it rectified that issue. 
Secondly, check the + terminals inside the battery compartment, it's the non springy terminals thats sits flat in the compartment (arrowed in red & there are 2) this is the where lies the problem of a non responsive or a continuous low battery remote scenario, the + terminals are to flat and enclosed in plastic  and making poor contact with the + side of the battery's, get a small screw driver and poke both flat spring ends out.
If you do the above and insert new batteries your remote will work like it's ever done before (well mine does)

good luck and hope this goes well for solving many of the remote issues. 

7D35CE0A-2838-4015-87C2-3A942778897A.jpeg

This message was authored by Tom683 This message was authored by: Tom683

My sky puck remote won't work. The power turns on and off but apart from that, nothing. The only button I can get to work is the volume button and when I press that search shows and movies comes up on the screen. Can anyone offer advice on what to do? I've tried pressing all the numbers together too to reconnect the remote as suggested but nothing happens apart from the sky puck turning off. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion