Discussion topic: Stream remote completely unresponsive

This message was authored by JessH13 This message was authored by: JessH13

Stream remote completely unresponsive

Just received our Stream, plugged it in, fully removed the paper from the remote. Shone a torch in to see if there's any bits remaining and can't see anything. Totally unresponsive. 

Replaced batteries. Still a useless brick.

Tried the holding 7&9 4&6 1&3 tip. Nothing.

Seems we've got a defective remote and there's no one available from technical support.

So disappointed 🙄 

Anyone had this issue or is it just gonna be a case of getting them to send us a new one? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark-Br This message was authored by: Mark-Br Answer

Re: Stream remote completely unresponsive

Thanks for your patience.

We’ve taken on board the feedback in this thread and from our contact centres. We’ve been working hard to improve your experience and we're in the process of rolling out software updates to your remote control(s) in QS13.

Additionally, we’ve identified hardware improvements which are being addressed.

We’re committed to providing you with the best experience and we genuinely appreciate all the feedback in the Sky Community which helps us to achieve this.

Mark
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by McMucker This message was authored by: McMucker

Unresponsive Sky Stream remote

Hi,

first night with sky stream and we're largely happy, we did notice the remote became unresponsive at times and then would randomly start working. 

when unresponsive  and pressing buttons the remote does light up but nothing happens on the UI

Has anyone else experienced this? 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Unresponsive Sky Stream remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Had some issues with the remote not working for about 30 seconds when the tv came out of standby - unpaired the remote and paired it back up and been fine since 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

1. Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2. Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@McMucker take off the back of the remote and cgeck the paper slip thst protected the bstteries has been fully removed - they tear quite easily.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Shady77 This message was authored by: Shady77

Sky puck remote not working

Sky puck remote stopped working ive change the batteries pressed 1 & 3 simultaneously and nothing

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Sky puck remote not working

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there Shady77, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147   

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by DRAllatt This message was authored by: DRAllatt

Hi, same issue as @Shady77, my sky puk remote was working fine last night. Can to use it today and the remote is showing no lights or is not responsive with the TV. Batteries have been changed as well. The Puk turns on from the power button on the Puk but nothing from the remote. 

Help Please 🙏 

This message was authored by Pistonhead This message was authored by: Pistonhead

I had the same problem but, after numerous tries, got mine to come back to life. I pressed keys 4 & 9 for 4 seconds followed by keys 1 & 3 for 4 or more seconds. Eventually an image appeared on screen saying the remote was pairing. Took several attempts but finally got it working again.

LG OLED65B1 • Apple TV 4K • Sky Superfast BB

The remote can be reset and paired again following these steps;

1. Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2. Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.

More details -

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-glass/using-sky-glass/using-sky-glass-remote/articles/yo...

Feedback

This message was authored by DRAllatt This message was authored by: DRAllatt

Hi, I have tried what you have suggested and this still isn't working. I believe the remote is broken and not a pairing issue. Normally the remote would light up but there is nothing. 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there DrAllatt, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by M3rk This message was authored by: M3rk

Hi @McMucker  did resetting sort the issue? am having the same problem.

This message was authored by M3rk This message was authored by: M3rk

....to anyone having a similar issue, including the control not turning off my TV connected to the stream puck, fully resetting and reconnecting fixed both for me.

my control no longer becomes unresponsive or sluggish, and it now controls the TV fully, ie turns it off with a long press.

...which leaves me with sky stream fully working with no issues..very happy!

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip

On the subject of remotes, the batteries that came supplied quickly ran out. I replaced them last Friday and yesterday I had to replace them again. I use Duracell batteries that usually last a good while.

Anyone else have this problem?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion