Discussion topic: Many problems with Sky glass

This message was authored by Happynut This message was authored by: Happynut

Many problems with Sky glass

Hi All.  Is any one getting all these issues with Skyglass.  The picture keeps freezing and I have to go to another channel and back again to fix it.  The TV locks up completly and I have to remove the mains for 10 mins the plug it in again.  The sound keet going and again I have to switch channels.  Now the dam thing will not even turn on.  I removed the maims for 20 mins and still it will not works.  Wish I had never seen the thing.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: Many problems with Sky glass

I have had my sky glass since Friday and had no problems whatsoever 

This message was authored by TomAC1987 This message was authored by: TomAC1987

You're paying sky for the privilige of being a beta tester.

Feel special.

This message was authored by Cornishrattler This message was authored by: Cornishrattler

@Happynut 

Have a good look at the discussions on the forum, it's full of similar I'm afraid.

Crap product, nothing more than public beta testing without telling the public. Way to go Sky!

This message was authored by Simmo10 This message was authored by: Simmo10

I had the 55" version of sky glass delivered last Saturday 

It will not switch on in stand by mode the next morning I have to un plug and then switch back on again any remedies this should not be happening considering the associated costs

This message was authored by Jon+Reeve This message was authored by: Jon+Reeve

@TomAC1987 wrote:

You're paying sky for the privilige of being a beta tester.

Feel special.

Zzzzzzzz.

Still not got a new script?

This message was authored by tavare149 This message was authored by: tavare149

Keep getting black screen and have to switch off at mains. It then works, phoned Sky about this matter, as this is an issue that cannot be resolved via an update they are replacing it on 24 November, however I was told that that I would be contacted separately about collection of the old one. Just looked on my Sky app, new one due 24 November, old one to be collected 28 October!!! I hope this is wrong or maybe it means October 2022!!!

Cbee
This message was authored by Marky00 This message was authored by: Marky00

No problems here few bits on first day but working perfect since

This message was authored by Mrsjulie This message was authored by: Mrsjulie

Hi - just read your post regarding new tv. I have had loads of issues during the 10 days I've had glass - freezing, tv switching off, no WiFi connection, disappearing channels (from tv and playlist). Spoke to Sky Tech people this morning and was told the tv must be faulty so like you am getting a new one on 24th November - checked in my Sky app and the Collection date for old one is 29th October!!!!!! The mind boggles!!!!!!

Very odd indeed. Interestingly I was not advised to do a reset of the tv, im

sure if this would resolve anything though.

Cbee
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tavare149 wrote:

Interestingly I was not advised to do a reset of the tv, im sure if this would resolve anything though.

Using the 'factory reset' option unlinks the hardware from any associated Sky account, which then has to be re-linked manually.  It's only designed for sets being sold or returned to Sky, not as a troubleshooting measure.

Unplugging and repowering is a reboot rather than a reset.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

I was told the tv is running on the latest software version which should have stopped the freezing issues - but all the other problems are down to a faulty tv. Lets hope tv number 2 will perform ok!!

Further update regarding my replacement. The day after I was told the tv was being replaced I got a text asking if I was still having issues. I called Sky and was told that the issues I'm having are teething problems and the tv does not need replacing. Sky then tried to cancel the replacement but couldn't as they do not have this set up on their system and that I should refuse the new tv on day of delivery. I phoned Panther and cancelled the replacement myself. To be honest this whole episode has been a bit if a faff. 

Cbee
This message was authored by 31460nbl This message was authored by: 31460nbl

I've had it for 2 days and it judders and freezes 🥶 

I'm giving it a few weeks to see if it improves 

@tavare149 @Hi Tavare149 - I wonder why they've done that? As my previous post, I am expecting a new one on 24/11 but haven't received anything from them telling me to cancel. I suppose there's still time but having said that I did pay outright so they can't refuse to replace it

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion