Discussion topic: Live TV: There's a technical fault with the channel/Please wait for the programme to load

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by SadSimon This message was authored by: SadSimon

Re: Sky stream freezing

@Paul+Boland thank you for the correction. My typo. 

Software or build versions and Sky boxes | Sky Help | Sky.com

Heres a link to check the info and how to install etc

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@SadSimon 

You cant install updates manually ignore that info on sky website

Updates are done in batches to Sky Glass/Sky Stream and will be done when customer Sky Glass or Sky Stream box listed on their account is scheduled to receive a new software update

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by SadSimon This message was authored by: SadSimon

@Paul+Boland That's good to know. Would of helpful if the sky chat people mentioned this 4 days again when i have been trying this as my tv freezes 5 - 10 times a day. Guess i just have to wait for this update. I have also been told to contact sky and talk to a tier 2 person. Guessing i won't bother with that either

This message was authored by Paul+Boland This message was authored by: Paul+Boland

@SadSimon 

Is your Sky Glass or Sky Stream connected by Wired Ethernet or Wifi 

Wired Ethernet is best to use always

What's your download and upload speed with your broadband provider and how many devices are using your broadband connection in your home same time

What type of broadband connection you using 

Fiber/Landline DSL/Cable/4G or 5G Mobile 

‐-----‐----------------‐-------------------------------------
Sky Glass 65 inch and 2 Sky Stream Pucks
Gigabit Siro 100% Fiber Broadband with Digiweb
1000 Mbps download and 200 Mbps upload speed
I only use wired ethernet with Sky Glass and Sky Stream Pucks
This message was authored by DazzzerH This message was authored by: DazzzerH

Sky stream live tv stops working requires reboot

Only had sky stream for 24 hours and already greatly disappointed.

Can be watching live TV, and the show can just freeze and then screen go black saying a technical fault. Can then still watch on demand services but no live channels will work, every channel giving a black screen. Only way to fix is to power cycle the device and then it works again for a while without issue.

Have tried both WiFi and ethernet, and noticed this issue on multiple stream pucks. Gigabit internet. Never had issues with other services before, including virgins own stream puck with live TV.

The fact that when the issue happens the only way to restore live TV is to power cycle the device, says to me that it is a device software issue rather than a network issue.

How has anyone gotten a sky stream puck to work reliably? Seem to be seeing several threads discussing the same issue, but no solution ever confirmed.

This message was authored by trotts This message was authored by: trotts

Re: Sky glass tv unresponsive

Just froze again, went upstairs and checked our normal tv with sky puck and low and behold everything works, looks like most defo the TV is u/s. Went back downstairs the program resumed after changing channels but no volume control???

This message was authored by trotts This message was authored by: trotts

I'm keeping video files of when it freezes, currently the TV is not fit for purpose, going to seek legal advice next week. Let's see what happens when they get a solicitors letter, might yet take them to small claims court if nothing sorted.Wish I'd never bought it? I am on finance so the principal is the finance company so they'll get a letter as well.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@trotts wrote:

I'm keeping video files of when it freezes, currently the TV is not fit for purpose, going to seek legal advice next week. Let's see what happens when they get a solicitors letter, might yet take them to small claims court if nothing sorted.Wish I'd never bought it? I am on finance so the principal is the finance company so they'll get a letter as well.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I assume you've reported these issues to Sky, What have they said? If you can demonstrate you've had ongoing problems Sky are generally quite receptive to taking the TV back.

This message was authored by Sarita1011 This message was authored by: Sarita1011

Sky have not once offered an explanation for this that didn't involve blaming everything EXCEPT the sky glass product! So would love to hear from someone that has got sky to admit their tv was at fault! 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@trotts and @Sarita1011 unless I have missed it in your posts I have not noticed that you have tried rebooting your system which will very often resolve glitches in Glass / Stream.

If you have not already done so switch off your Glass at the plug socket and wait for a minimum of 30 seconds before switching it on again.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

I would suggest the excuse of the Belkin chip being at fault is just nonsense and it is more likely that you have a faulty Glass TV which Sky need to replace.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Walkabout+syd This message was authored by: Walkabout+syd

@Paul+Boland Thank you had sky stream for over 3 weeks it is great very pleased with it but the last week  freezing  every 4 hours or so only fix is to swich puck off and on and everything is okay till the next time tried ethernet cable just the same. Speed is 500 mpbs with sky ultrafast plus, very reliable. Router in same room as tv.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Sky stream live tv stops working requires reboot

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi DazzzerH

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Citrax This message was authored by: Citrax

Hi

I had the same issue, I believe it's a software issue. I ended up having a replacement puck from tech support in the end. 

I went through just about every conceivable option with wiring nothing worked.  Sometimes it was only lasting a few minutes before it happened again.

At one point I confused the puck and it downloaded software version QS16.  It worked perfectly on 16.  At some point through the day it upgraded to QS17 and went back to screen freezing again.

The replacement is running version QS17 and is more stable than the original puck but I'm still getting occasional freezing.

It's new trick is to launch the screensaver as I'm watching a program.  It will let me back in without rebooting though.  It's still frustrating and not the service we should be getting.

Out of curiosity what broadband provider are you with?  Sky were blaming me being on BT broadband for the issues.

My current set up has the router hard wired into the puck directly with a expensive cat 8 Ethernet cable.  I've moved the puck as far away as I can from the TV and turned off every electrical/electronic device I can. 

I'll keep you updated!

This message was authored by KBannister This message was authored by: KBannister

Sky Stream freezing every day

Only just changed to Sky Stream and not impressed at all. It freezes several times a day. It's connected using a cable, broadband speed is 39mb/s and it's running SW17. It's not what I'd expect from Sky.

This message was authored by KBannister This message was authored by: KBannister

I have the same issue - really frustrating! Only just joined Sky too - had to reboot twice tonight already.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion