Discussion topic: ITVX problems since 31/3

This message was authored by GMHarper This message was authored by: GMHarper

ITVX problems since 31/3

Is anyone else suffering from constant problems with ITVX?

I was just watching Celebrity Catchphrase on pause when it just decided to tell me I needed to upgrade my subscription to continue to watch the program.

Now since the program has ended, I can't watch it and now it doesn't appear on the program list, nor can I search for it in the app!

ITVX really is the worst thing about Sky Glass to be honest, we rarely have a single program without some issues.

Recently, it has started to shut down partway through 'recorded' programs, usually at an advert break and then stopping the program from being restarted at all.

Moderator note: subject of thread updated to better reflect the conversation

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: ITVX problems since 31/3

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning All

We've had confirmation that the ITV X crashing at the ad's has been fixed by ITV. If this isn't the case for you, can you let me know please?

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: ITVX keeps failing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GMHarper I fully agree about ITVX being rubbish.  I am also experiencing the "Shutdown" you refer to which only started today.

I am currently watching "Six Four" (very good BTW) but every time it comes to the adverts ITVX crashes and it takes me to the App icon on my Glass home page.  I can easily open the app again and continue watching the programme but it is really annoying. This sounds as though it is the same problem as you are experiencing.

I suspect ITVX have just done some work on the App as another posting I read on the forum earlier today said that their ITVX Premium had improved when it came to the add skipping. 

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Lemo33 This message was authored by: Lemo33

I have the same problem which only started on 31st March. Very annoying. Itv hub was rubbish and now itv x which is suposed to be a better version is rubbish too. I don't have this problem with any other app. Totally ruins the sky glass experience! 

This message was authored by 82bit This message was authored by: 82bit

Keeps crashing the app for me, right before the ad breaks. Very annoying, considering there's so many of them! 

~-~-~-~-~-~
Sky Glass 65” with Sky Live
Sky Glass 43” with Sky Live
Sky Stream Puck + Sky Soundbox
Sky Stream Puck x3

BT FTTP:
↓920Mbps
↑110Mbps
~-~-~-~-~-~
This message was authored by markfrank This message was authored by: markfrank

Sky Glass keeps stopping on ITVX

Is anyone experiencing itvx programmes stopping and closing. Is this a problem with ITVX or the TV?
This message was authored by scabby1973 This message was authored by: scabby1973

Fed up now with this sky glass keeps crashing 

Itvx is constantly crashing 

Worse purchase I've ever made sky glass is crap 

This message was authored by JenQ This message was authored by: JenQ

ITV X stopping and going to Sky home page

Happened twice whilst watching Grace - only a few second from advert break, stops and goes to Sky homepage....any ideas?

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: ITV X stopping and going to Sky home page

Hi @JenQ 

Have you tried switching it off at the socket, wait a few mins then back on?

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: ITV X stopping and going to Sky home page

@JenQ 

Don't panic it is not your Glass / Stream it is a problem with the ITVX app.  The same thing has been happening to a number of people including me and is the subject of the following thread.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream/ITVX-keeps-failing/td-p/4270231 

Re: Sky Glass keeps stopping on ITVX

@markfrank

There is currently a problem with the ITVX app and what you describe has been happening to a number of people (including me) and is the subject of the following threads.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream/ITVX-keeps-failing/td-p/4270231 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream/ITV-X-stopping-and-going-to-Sky-home-page/td-p/4271116 

This message was authored by techman9 This message was authored by: techman9

FYI:  ITVX itself is not rubbish works perfectly on other platforms, the sky glass/stream implementation is, remember that.

GMHarper
Topic Author

Yes, you are correct, but I do not watch ITVX on any other platform, so for me, the experience is crap.

ITV+ was also bad on Sky Glass as well and ITVX was supposed to be the solution for this and now it is just as bad.

Sky and ITV need to start talking to ensure these issues are resolved asap as this is the only thing that spoils what is otherwise a very good system.

@techman9Unfortunately I only have experience of ITVX on a Glass TV so you are probably correct that it works well on other platforms. The next time I watch something on ITVX I will try streaming it through my 🍏TV.

It's unfortunate that Glass does not have a screen mirroring ability or people could use their laptops  for ITVX programmes and cast/mirror it to the TV.

GMHarper
Topic Author

I have started to get some issues with 4 on 'playback' it has started to occasionally tell me that it can't find the program that is in the playlist.

Not a happy user at the moment.

This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

Yes me too the last few days itvx keep crashing im watching something it will just suddenly stop and go back to the Sky home page. 

I rang Sky yesterday they got me to refresh the apps but it has actually made things worse 😤

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion