Discussion topic: Live TV: There's a technical fault with the channel/Please wait for the programme to load

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Foden3009 This message was authored by: Foden3009

Re: Sky stream live tv stops working requires reboot

Started happening to me yesterday, now it's very regular. Switching off at the mains seems to be the only fix. All other apps/services are perfectly fine.
This message was authored by Citrax This message was authored by: Citrax

Well turning everything off nearby and moving the puck as far as possible away from the TV has made no difference. 

Come on Sky! Get this sorted, you're going to loose customers!

This message was authored by Stevereux This message was authored by: Stevereux

The same issue here, had the puck 10 days and rebooting at least daily most days 2/3 times, internet is provided by BT but switching to sky on the 5th. If that doesn't work it will all be cancelled under there 30 day cool off period. 

This message was authored by mwde This message was authored by: mwde

Re: Getting ‘Please wait for your programme to load’ only on live content and sky channels - Skystre

My ping/ latency on Starlink varies from 22mS to 40mS ... average 22mS ... 

I'm sure a streaming service should operate ok with these specs 🤔

This message was authored by mwde This message was authored by: mwde

Re: Getting ‘Please wait for your programme to load’ only on live content and sky channels - Skystre

Sounds like the same issue ... who is you broadband provider?

This message was authored by Robbo53 This message was authored by: Robbo53

Black screen/picture freezing on sky glass tv

Only recently got Sky Glass. First couple of weeks all running ok. Now keeps freezing especially ITV1, when it goes to ad break. Then get black screen. Fed up of switching off, unplugging it.

It can't surely  just be down to connection issue. Connected to router by ethernet.

Reading some other messages, I did a factory reset. Cleared it for a day. 

Raised complaint, I missed a call but no one has called me back

Seriously at the point of wanting to cancel!

This message was authored by Sim83 This message was authored by: Sim83

Programmes not loading (not internet related)

Had new glass tv delivered as old one had screen damage. Since it's been re installed it's done nothing but freeze and switch itself off constantly - I've done speed tests and even connected via Ethernet cable and it's still doing it! 

we want to go back to sky q is this possible after 9 months of being glass customers? 

This message was authored by Sarita1011 This message was authored by: Sarita1011

Re: Sky glass tv unresponsive

Hi sorry for late response, yes we have rebooted a total of 7 times now trying to fix the error. Sky tech support will not have it that the tv is faulty. I just don't know what to do as we do not want a wire trailing through the house to the tv! Thanks for your suggestion though appreciate the comment. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sarita1011 If you are considering Ethernet but don't want the cable trailing through your home have you thought about using Powerline adapters. They are available from Amazon for roughly £35.  If you decided to go down that route do not waste money getting a more expensive 1 GB model as Glass/Stream only support up to 100mbps (which is ample even for UHD which needs 30mbps).

I personally use Wi-Fi but am lucky enough to have a fast and stable fibre network. Ethernet would not be practical but I could use the powerline adapters if I ever felt the need.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Sarita1011 This message was authored by: Sarita1011

Thank you I will look into that! 

we moved to UPP broadband and now have fantastic coverage so it really doesn't make sense to me that the wifi is at fault. 

sky techs are calling me tomorrow so will see what excuse they come up with next! 

This message was authored by Kevin-7248 This message was authored by: Kevin-7248

You have a right to refuse under consumer law for a tv that isn't fit for purpose. If a software update or hardware is glitching or causing the problems with your tv, the further engineer intervention would prove pointless. 

If it's under warranty even better. However, to note; as sky provide the tv AND finance, it's one in the same for faults being a requirement in replacement with such extreme problems occurring without consequence to yourself. 

I'd push for resolution through submitting a formal complaint to sky if you feel this way. It can only bring it to the attention of those higher than the advisors you mention, that aren't helping you accordingly. 

••••¥¥¥¥•••••¥¥¥;••••••¥¥¥¥
Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre Gigafast Plus
Been a sky customer through the ages from before HD boxes were a thing! When sky was a box you had to wind up to work 
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Sky puck live streaming problem

@Ricken 

The live streams from apps come from different servers & have different compression rates than the live channel streams from Sky's servers. 
How is your broadband connected? If using WiFi it's worth trying ethernet as it'll be more stable. Also, what speed are you actually receiving? Fibre 35 doesn't mean you actually get 35Mbps. 

Ricken
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ricken This message was authored by: Ricken

Re: Sky puck live streaming problem

Thanks @SlenderRobert puck is connected to tv then wifi, will try an ethernet cable as it's right next to it. Speed was 26,25,24 for first 3 days then dropped to 22 since. Can't get full broadband at present. Does this mean that I could not watch sky puck live tv regardless of broadband provider as its related to Sky signal/bandwidth? Sorry I'm not techy on this. 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Sky Stream freezing every day

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Black screen/picture freezing on sky glass tv

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion