Discussion topic: Download Failed technical fault

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Good doctor episodes no longer downloading

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KG2KD2011 wrote:

Please can someone help I am half way through watching the good doctor on sky witness & got to series 2 episode 13 & it has stopped downloading & when I try & download it says download failed item unavailable however all the episodes are listed up to series 6 but none of the ones after series 2 episode 12 will download?! All settings are fine, I've turned on & off again, re-inserted card but no joy, all other programmes are downloading no problem, can anyone help?!

Hi @KG2KD2011 

Check your Recordings - Most recent section for any failed downloads.

Any you find want completely deleting from the Recordings - Most recent section and also the deleted section in Manage.

This message was authored by Elena+apple This message was authored by: Elena+apple

Re: Download Failed technical fault

Just found this on another thread for the same issue in the past. Worth a try?

First make sure that you have no Failed downloads in your Recordings - Most recent section or the Deleted selecting in Manage.  Any you find want completely deleting.

'Also Check that the Downloading section in manage is empty with no stalked or paused downloads.

Then Try a Reset Settings in the hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.

With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.

Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings. After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one. 

This message was authored by jowhitby This message was authored by: jowhitby

Re: Constant failed on demand

Finally got it working after constant resetting xx

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: Good doctor episodes no longer downloading

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KG2KD2011 wrote:

Please can someone help I am half way through watching the good doctor on sky witness & got to series 2 episode 13 & it has stopped downloading & when I try & download it says download failed item unavailable however all the episodes are listed up to series 6 but none of the ones after series 2 episode 12 will download?! All settings are fine, I've turned on & off again, re-inserted card but no joy, all other programmes are downloading no problem, can anyone help?!

@KG2KD2011 I tried episodes after 12 of season 1 and it would download in UHD but not in HD or SD. I guess you don't have the UHD add on though.

All I can suggest is emailing Sky Viewer relations at viewerR@sky.uk

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Bs627 This message was authored by: Bs627

Re: Technical Fault Download

What are you trying to download, i can download movies but all tv programmes are showing a technical issue.

This message was authored by Lloyd196 This message was authored by: Lloyd196

Rob and Romesh. It's on now 🤷‍♂️

exactly what i wanted to download, then tried some other stuff and also not working.

some stuff will download, rob v romesh and italia 90 documentary wont on mine now, everything else ive tried has started.

This message was authored by Falcon8 This message was authored by: Falcon8

Exact same problem trying to download on demand sky witness.

Have reset Router, main Sky Q and mini hub boxes in every possible combination and all downloads FAIL... was hanging on phone to Sky for that long with no answer they kindly disconnected the call at 9pm becuase they were closed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Judging by the times of some of the posts this evening by everyone else, I'm guessing Sky either have no idea or no one currently working on the issue! 

Netflix and all other streaming content appears to be working fine, just Sky who can't get their act together... 

I can not download anything again apart from movies. Do you have movies to try, surely cant be a coincidence that this is all happening at the same time

This message was authored by Lee+OConnor This message was authored by: Lee+OConnor

Sky TV Demand Download Failed

Trying to download via on demand services and it's saying download failed. This is happening on Sky Max and Sky witness.

have reset sky Q box and router and still an issue.

any ideas?

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Constant failed on demand

Good to know. Does resetting the box lose important settings and recordings?

Re: Sky TV Demand Download Failed

Seems to be a big issue, looks like your thread number 4 on this issue, all non sky content seems fine.

This message was authored by Rob99999999 This message was authored by: Rob99999999

Yeah same problem here. Everything else works fine sky cinema included. Seems for me sky max sky docs and sky Atlantic are the problems. 

This message was authored by MartinARosie This message was authored by: MartinARosie

Mine not working either.

Absolute joke sky. Sort your stuff out

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion