Discussion topic: Why is my second bill higher

This message was authored by Aaron031 This message was authored by: Aaron031

Why is my second bill higher

I have recently just joined sky under a deal , I have paid my first bill but I was looking at my future ones why is my second bill higher then the agreed amount but for the third one it goes back down 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Why is my second bill higher

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Aaron031  Please see the guide here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/understanding-my-bills

Your first bill

You start paying for Sky from the date we switch you on. We’ll take your first payment 14 days after that and it covers your first month. For example:

• Your TV is activated on 4 July, payment is taken on 18 July and covers the period from 4 July  3 August.

If your services are activated on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, and that month has 30 days in it, we’ll take payment 14 days before your next Payment Due Date and we’ll take your first and second bills at the same time.

Your second bill

We’ll take your second payment approximately 14 days after your first bill was paid, depending on whether you’ve changed your payment due date after your first bill.

Because you pay a month in advance, this covers next month’s bill. Using the example from the first bill:

• Your second payment would be taken on 4 August and covers the period from 4 August  3 September.

If you check your bills in the My Sky app, online or on your Sky box, you might notice that the dates cover more than one month. This is because your second bill includes Sky Broadband and Sky Talk that was switched on since you paid your first bill. For example:

• Your Sky Broadband was activated on 18 July. Your bill covers from 18 July  3 August, then 4 August  3 September.

You’re now a month in advance with your payments. From now on, you’ll pay for one month at a time on your payment due date.

This bill also includes:

• any Sky Store rentals or Sky Box Office events.
  • calls charges for calls you’ve made since Sky Talk was switched on, not included in your Sky Talk package.
Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Aaron031  Please see the guide here https://www.sky.com/help/articles/understanding-my-bills

Your first bill

You start paying for Sky from the date we switch you on. We’ll take your first payment 14 days after that and it covers your first month. For example:

• Your TV is activated on 4 July, payment is taken on 18 July and covers the period from 4 July  3 August.

If your services are activated on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, and that month has 30 days in it, we’ll take payment 14 days before your next Payment Due Date and we’ll take your first and second bills at the same time.

Your second bill

We’ll take your second payment approximately 14 days after your first bill was paid, depending on whether you’ve changed your payment due date after your first bill.

Because you pay a month in advance, this covers next month’s bill. Using the example from the first bill:

• Your second payment would be taken on 4 August and covers the period from 4 August  3 September.

If you check your bills in the My Sky app, online or on your Sky box, you might notice that the dates cover more than one month. This is because your second bill includes Sky Broadband and Sky Talk that was switched on since you paid your first bill. For example:

• Your Sky Broadband was activated on 18 July. Your bill covers from 18 July  3 August, then 4 August  3 September.

You’re now a month in advance with your payments. From now on, you’ll pay for one month at a time on your payment due date.

This bill also includes:

• any Sky Store rentals or Sky Box Office events.
  • calls charges for calls you’ve made since Sky Talk was switched on, not included in your Sky Talk package.
Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by murf80 This message was authored by: murf80

first bill was only 44 thsats the deal i signed up for now ther tuk 87quid oot my bank account not happy like daylight robbery company already worth a foturne

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@murf80 
If you’re a new customer your first couple of bills are usually higher, basically due to the dates they cover (more than the usual number of days). In effect you’ll be charged from the date of the activation up until the end of that billed month, and for the next month in advance. Check your future bills to see if they reflect the amount you were expecting. Also see these links
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/understanding-my-bills
and
https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/future

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by murf80 This message was authored by: murf80

man much apperasted

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion