Discussion topic: Sky's customer service has really went downhill.

This message was authored by Whatever125 This message was authored by: Whatever125

Re: Sky's customer service has really went downhill.

A very arrogant and ignorant customer services.

I have had atrocious Internet service from Sky, but no refunds, no apologies, nothing.

This month I went to complain again, refused to pay additional charges as I was away, got back, Sky adds another £40 in charges, that I dispute, so they cut off my Internet and phone, so to force me to pay these charges.

I was unable to contact them from my other BT line, until I was forced to pay it, then I could get through.

The agent was arrogant, ignorant, talked over me and then still no apology, nothing.

Sky also throttle their services at certain times of day. No point in making ombudsman complaints, they never do anything.

The best solution, is just leave Sky for a new provider of Internet and telephone.

Well done Sky, your services suck badly, astonished how your Internet and phone services are not bankrupt.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Whatever125 wrote:

Sky also throttle their services at certain times of day. 

No terrestrial ISP does that these days.  They all, however, face capacity challenges at peak periods, and contention ratios remain a factor.

@Whatever125 wrote:

The best solution, is just leave Sky for a new provider of Internet and telephone.

Always worth remembering that any other Openreach ISP will be providing service over the same data circuit unless there's a technology change involved (ADSL to FTTC or FTTC to FTTP)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Raven13 This message was authored by: Raven13

I feel you. Customer service staff can be incredibly unintelligent at times.

This message was authored by Whatever125 This message was authored by: Whatever125

The worst provider I have ever had to deal with.

The customer service is horrendous.  The constant patronizing, ignoring the problems that they are presented with, the talking over you is so bad, that I am astonished how a company like this can get away with it and not have any punishment from the regulators, none what so ever.

There are much better providers in the marketplace.  I never thought I would say this, but BT even with their issues sometimes, are a superior brand to Sky.

I would like to goto Virgin Media, but they only offer broadband, which is really stupid, not offering a telephone line with that broadband. 

So unfortunately it is back to BT.  Sky are a company that do not care, they have I think the worst customer care team for the telecommunications industry.  They will get their comeuppance.

(removed)

Moderator note: Removed innapropriate remarks.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Whatever125 wrote:

I am astonished how a company like this can get away with it and not have any punishment from the regulators, none what so ever.

Sky again generated the fewest complaints per 100,000 subscribers in both broadband and landline.

Sky and TalkTalk were the least complained about pay-TV providers this quarter, receiving the fewest complaints per 100,000 subscribers.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-and-broadband/service-quality/telecoms-and-pay-tv-complaints/ 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Again, what you say does not matter. Is ignorance the new in thing or something?.

Don't bother replying, Sky is a disgusting greedy company, end of.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Whatever125 wrote:

Again, what you say does not matter. Is ignorance the new in thing or something?.

@Whatever125  this is a public forum and therefore anyone can respond if they choose to do so 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Whatever125 wrote:

But apparently not as 'disgusting' and 'greedy' as other companies 😁

This message was authored by Lolololol This message was authored by: Lolololol

Me and my mom called the customer service because the tv won't turn on and we need help, BUT when we did he said her birth od date was wrong.. and the her last bill 😬 (Removed) WE WERE LITERALLY LOOKING AT THE LAST BILL.. it was yesterday.  🙄

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

This message was authored by Lolololol This message was authored by: Lolololol

Just called again and they kept saying that its not the name of the account (Removed)

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

This message was authored by steve847 This message was authored by: steve847

i returned my sky q box and they still took the money from my bank as i hadnt canceled it myself, sky are the pits these days 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@steve847 wrote:

i returned my sky q box and they still took the money from my bank as i hadnt canceled it myself, sky are the pits these days 

Well yes. Simply returning the box doesn't cancel ypur service.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@steve847 

To cancel you have to contact Sky and give them 31 days notice. Just returning your box doesn't cancel anything so have you now given this required notice to Sky ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by steve847 This message was authored by: steve847

i meant i had canceled all my sky services and sent the q box back and noticed a few months after they had still taken a charge for the q box out of my account

This message was authored by kingkenny12 This message was authored by: kingkenny12

A despicable company with very dodgy upselling tactics. I no longer have any dealings with this bunch of dodgy dealers. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion